Impedance, does it stand for the same thing with speakers?

So from reading a bit about headphones and though the tek videos. My understanding is that a high imput impedance and low output impedance with high impedance speakers aids the damping factor. Wich is basically lowend response time. So does the 16 ohm impedance on speakers mean the same thing. It seems like this is the highest you can get on speakers. While I know this is 100% what u should be basing a purchase on, i was just interested in knowing.

This article will explain it better than me.

Ok so I suppose the answer is no then. So if no what is the difference. I seems ideal for low impedance with speakers and high impedance with headphones. Not sure if I fully grasp this concept yet

Functionally the difference is this:

-Speaker impedances are generally standard at 8ohms (sometimes 4ohm), or some other weird number seen sometimes in proprietary designs.

-Headphone low impedances (32ohm) can be driven by anything, but can suffer in sound quality if matched with a source with high output impedance. High impedance headphones solve the output impedance problem (save for very poor designs with very high output impedance), but are harder to drive without a dedicated amplifier.

-With speakers, anything lower than 8ohms needs more amperes to drive and can be a safety hazard to run on amplifiers or receivers which are not designed to run impedances lower than 8ohm. 4ohm speakers are somewhat common, but require higher end amps because amplifiers produce a lot more heat when producing more amperes.

Ok thanks. I understand now

And thanks to you to Paul. was actually better info in that article then the ones that I have read on the same topic. Even tho it didn't realy answer my question.

Hang on maybe I don't. So low Impedance speakers draw more current. But high impedance headphone speakers need amplification, amplification of what. power, current or signal.
I assume power. So low Impedance need more current to drive, and high impedance needs more wattage.

Yeah thanks

One more thing, if higher impedance gives better control over the driver. Whats the advantage of low impedance. One that article was saying some high end stuff is 4ohm, with speakers