IMM web interface (IBM X3550 m3) [!SOLVED!]

Hi
I just managed to get the web interface to show up on my browser, but I was not able to log into it using the default username and password. It just kept me on the logging in page, and did not provide me with “wrong password/username” promt

Any ideas what could be causing it
This behavior happens both on Chrome and Firefox
Any error codes I should be looking for within the devtools/F12 console?
I don’t have the space heater currently running, so I cannot just copy paste it here.

Edit
I have already resetted the password and username to the defaults twice

I’d try to reset the User/Password.

1 Like

Oh, sorry
I should have mentioned this originally, but I did that twice with this guide

1 Like

What’s your IMM Firmware Version?
IIRC there’s a bug where the webinterface will hang after login in some earlier version.

yeah, I ll add that to this thread
And copy this to the other one
Since I have two indentical units

SVR2 (the more up to date)

Host Firmware (UEFI)
Version 1.08
Build ID D6E148BUS
Build date (AM. 06/25/2010 /Others 25.06.2010)

IMM (integrated management module)
Version 1.48 YU00G8C
Date 14.04.2015

Diagnostics
Ver. 3.10
Build ID DSYT70X
Build date 12.06.2010

SVR1 (more out of date)
This unit currently has 48gb of RAM, and issues with the detection of the IMM. Which leads to relativly long boot time compared to SVR2. And is missing a fan…
Not great, since it too has two CPUs

Host Firmware (UEFI)
Version 1.08
Build ID D6E148BUS
Build date (AM. 06/25/2010 /Others 25.06.2010)

IMM
Ver. 1.14
Build ID YU0073M
Build Date 22.06.2010

Diagnostics
Ver. 3.10
Build ID DSYT70X
Build date 12.06.2010

And I already opened a thread about the firmware update, which is not as easy as one might think, Or I just have totally missed how to use it.

Here are the errors

I cannot honestly make anything out of these, since I am not familiar with JS

Update
This error does not persist, when Using MS IE, since it’s quite old platform
Modern Chromium based browsers are not going to work
So this issue can be worked around

Had the same exact issue. The newer versions of the IMM firmware are setting the Secure flag on the session cookie - even though the interface is only available via http by default.

The only way to get this to work on modern browsers is by getting ASU and enabling https.

Assuming default credentials, these are the commands that you need to run:

asu64 set IMM.https_service enable --host IMMIP --user USERID --password PASSW0RD
asu64 set IMM.SSL_Server_Enable enable --host IMMIP --user USERID --password PASSW0RD
asu64 rebootimm --host IMMIP --user USERID --password PASSW0RD

Obviously, replace IMMIP with the IP of your IMM port. Also, keep in mind that each of these commands will take a while to run (had to wait like a minute or two on my end for each), so just let them finish.

1 Like

Hi
Did you use a proper guide to update that data?
I am currently running proxmox on my node, and I was thinking if I can just update the IMM via the web interface. I am not sure how I cculd get this updated without totally reinstalling a RHEL 5 and proxmox again.
@golyalpha I am assuming you just installed one of the supported OS on your system locally?

I’m late to this discussion but… the PASSW0RD is with the number 0 not letter O, why do people do this.

1 Like

Correct
The default login credentials are (Username & Password)

Username
USERID
Password
PASSW0RD

I don’t even know how many times I reset the IMM because of this, and I also forgot it’s a zero after a year or so. The engineer who decided to put the 0 instead of an O for increased security I guess did increase security because many people can’t login to their own servers because of this :slight_smile:

1 Like