I'm putting together a computer, and I need suggestions

I've been looking through parts for a computer, and I'm having problem finding out which parts to pick... as of the time this is posted, i have an AMD solution and an Intel solution (please note i live in Norway... parts are expensive here). My budget as of now, is around 750$.

AMD solution:

AMD FX-6100 6-Core Processor

Asus M5A99x EVO R2.0, Socket-AM3+

Cooler Master HAF XM Midi Tower

Corsair TX 650W PSU ATX

Corsair Vengance DDR3 1600MHz 2x4GB Sticks

Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 2GB

Western Digital Desktop Black 1TB 6Gb/s

Intel Solution

Intel Core i5 3570k

MSI Z77 MPower, Socket-1155 ATX

Cooler Master HAF XM Midi Tower

Corsair TX 650W PSU ATX

Corsair Vengance DDR3 1600MHz 1x8GB Stick

Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 2GB

Seagate Barracuda 1TB 6GB/s

So. Is this a good setup for about 750$?

- Markus

The intel solution is good, but your ram 1x8GB?  That's gonna cripple your performance as the system will only operate in Single Channel mode = 800mhz.  Get 2x4GB sticks for Dual Channel mode = 1600mhz.  Need to utilize both channels to get the advertised speeds.

As for the AMD FX-6100 cpu I really don't know what the performance margin is.  But I'm thinking you'll get better gaming out of the i5 since a majority of games don't really extend beyond 4 threads.

And all that for $750.  Don't be making out like shit is expensive in Norway.

In New Zealand shit is expensive.

i7 3770k

2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 2T

Asus P8Z77-V Pro

EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB

$1670 with Black Friday discounts on CPU and Ram.

Ouch.

Both options are good. The AMD option will actually probably be better. The CPU isn't all that important for gaming so the 6100 will suffice. Plus the Ram will be so much better than a single 8gb stick

Swap that 1x8 for 2x4 and get the intel, people say thiers not much difference. but its just insane for speed and you will really apreciate it. It just seems more solid than an AMD in my experiance, i have an i5 3570 atm and its just amazing

you should go for the FX-6300 over the 6100, the 6300 overclocks better and has better single threaded performance at stock

http://valid.canardpc.com/2641015 Currently running my FX-6300 at 4.5Ghz/2600HT 24/7 but have got it to 5.2ghz stable before

the 3770K will provide better performance than the 6300, at 4.4Ghz you will get around the same single and multi threaded performance with the 6300 as the 3770K at stock, but once you overclock the 3770K it will take the lead again

i would suggest you get a BioStar TA990FXE board over Asus though if you plan to get a 990FX board, due to the fact that it performs better, is cheaper, and is the 2nd best board for overclocking BD/PD CPUs period

Highest ever 8120 Overclock was done on the Biostar TA990FXE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXQmO9bNkRk

if your dead set on AMD- try either a phenom, which is cheaper, or a FX6300, which has more useable IPC.

but in this case-I'd go with the the i5. you can shave off a few bucks with the phenom X4 965 black edition if you find it (don't get the phenom X6's unless you're gonna be doing video encoding)
Also- computer parts prices where you are is what we'd call 'normal'
I just purchased a Phenom based system almost identical to yours, and it cost me $736 (huzzah for sales!)

also- I agree with everyone else, get two sticks of RAM for the i5, you'll thank your self later.

The actual cost for this is around 1100$. is was just trying to make it closer the the equivalent price in the US. Thanks for the feedback, BTW. I'm considering switching the 1TB HDD for a 120GB SSD, just to add that extra boost in speed, then later buy a mass storage drive. Thats what i love about desktops. You can upgrade whenever you need it :)

Somehow I didn't realise it was one stick of RAM, and I will switch that out for two sticks. Also, as i told Bogan, the cost for the intel solution in Norwegian currency is around 7000 NOK, which translates to 1100$. Thanks for all the feedback, and I still have time for more suggestions, as i won't be ordering the parts until 1st of Feb.

$11 hundy is still pretty damn good for all that bro.

Sure, it's just a lot in comparison to what americans and canadians have to pay.