I'm now in a retarded predicament

OH MY GOD YOU CAN'T SAY THAT AAAAAA
Shut up.

So a while ago I had the issue crop up of "Oh hey, linux runs great with my compooper, but windows 10 can't use my expensive (to me) wireless card and windows 7 doesn't know what my 580 even is". I tried windows 7 last night and it didn't even know what it was doing. I've determined that its not even the build of windows, but rather the drivers for this 580 and how they work, directX just can't see the fucking thing.

So ok. Thats fine actually. I still have my old 370 and I can't really sell it soooo....

INTER THE MAC IT GOES MWAHAHAHAHHAHA

Because I'm insane.

Essentially my plan is, now, to put my 370 in my mac pro and either use parallels to run windows or just install windows (but thats a pain in the ass) and game what I want to game on that! I've determined that my mac pro is [/\/\/\almost/\/\/] as powerful processor wise as my phenom 2 machine, or quite a bit over, depending on the GPU as far as I can tell.

So I'm going to throw shit at my mac to play things like Empyrion and all that nonesuch and throw that crap up here as a "HEY LOOK, ITS ON FIRE" so you can laugh at me.

1 Like

Immediately thought of

From reading title.
Also are you doing this?

Or are you switching to a trash can pro?
2 Likes

HAHAHA

HAHAHA

No I'm doing this, what I had done like last year.

And I am going to combine it with my linux PC. It'll be a little convoluted, BUT I can get it all to work. I need to arrange my audio though, so I'm starting a thread about it.

1 Like

I didn't realise how many downloads those tools got JUST BECAUSE I was bored.

Wow, cool. I helped people.

Thats wierd.

Download the driver.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Operating systems interact with hardware with something called "drivers."

If you do not download/install the correct driver for that piece of hardware and your OS, do not expect it to work.

Windows 7 was released a long time ago, so of course it does not install drivers for hardware that did not exist when it was released "out of the box." You have to download and install it after.

That is every OS. New hardware gets released after OSes get released. There is probably a WiFi driver for that WiFi card on both Linux/Win10 if you want to track it down with google using the PCI-ID and HW Vendor ID. No, I am not explaining how to do that.

I have done everything you can think of.