I'm down bad guys lol

So it’s not the GPU it did the same thing with my friends 1050

The last time I had a PC act like that it was due to a psu not being able to keep up with the power draw. Did you check your psu? Im sorry if I missed that, I saw you mention checking, but not whether you actually did.

It could be the ssd i suppose or hdd if you role that way.

1 Like

You can also do a bios reset just in case.

Run passmark and do a cpu / gpu test, while it should generate a load on psu.

Boot to another operating system, some linux distributions. If it’s hardware, then linux should also have a problem.

It seems rather not it.

1 Like

Yes so I picked up one thinking it sZ the issues I did not fix the problem. The issue was the CPU I swapped my 5600x with my old 1700 and it’s up and running

1 Like

That’s weird… I wonder if the memory controller crapped out. I have heard of that happening, but usually as a result of bonkers overclocking.

Thanks for all the help I really appreciate it seriously thank you very much. The conclusion to the issue was the processor. I did luckily have a 1700 I could put in the test with and with that in with the same ram same power supply same motherboard same graphics card it works perfectly. So I’ll attempt to RMA the 5600X and hopefully they get me a new one otherwise I suppose I’ll have to buy one.

Have this cpu new or used from someone? How much time has cpu worked in pc since first assembly?

If you have access to a different motherboard that will support this cpu, do a test to see if the same problem occurs. :wink:

A bizarre cpu glitch… Windows Installer works fine. But there is a reboot at os startup…

That’s why I wanted you to run another os. :wink:

The problem with the memory controller… hmm, it turns out that only above a certain threshold of memory usage… :confused:

I bought it brand new it’s been a minute I want to say it’s been probably almost a year and a half with the 5600 x. And I never overclocked the processor. I did XMP profile the ram to 3200 MHz however I don’t have a motherboard that would support the 5600x or I would do that absolutely.

put everything back together. in the same config you had it…
you say it would load into windows.
at which point does it crash while loading.
at the circular dots, at the log-on screen?.
at the desktop.

if its the circular dots then its likely a driver, if its the log on screen then a config error.
if its on the desktop then its a startup item.

boot into safe mode (load the safe boot menu)
see if you can get into windows on a bare bones login.
if so start cleaning.
first with sfc /scannow
then dism.
once you know windows is ok. clean the drivers for the gpu, motherboard and audio, and install fresh ones.
remove any applications you installed recently.

reboot and hope you fixed the boot loop.

I had installed fresh and it was still happening. On 3 different hard drives. What ur asking me to do does not make sense to me. If I crash 10 sec after I boot ot my desk top I can’t change any thing and if I have a fresh install there is nothing to change am I wrong about that? If I am please explain.

ah sorry mate i didnt see you had already re-installed. :frowning:

1 Like

What kind of other usb devices do you have connected to your system,
other then keyboard and mouse?
If you have any other usb devices connected just disconnect those.
It might be an io related issue in regards to a usb device causing issues,
once the drivers are loaded.
Because you are mentioning that you can install windows without any issues,
until it reboots for the first time.

In these kind of situations where there is no clear answer to the said problem.
You should go back to the basics.

1. double check all cable connections.
  2. Disconnect anything from the motherboard that isn´t necessary for a working system.
    including the case usb ports.
    You basically only need a cpu, psu, gpu, 1 stick of memory and a boot drive,
    to get the system going.
  3. Check individual parts for physical damage.

And start from there.

Because the symptoms you are describing can literally be anything software or hardware related.

does your board have a dual bios?.
have you ever updated your bios?.
did you refresh both primary and secondary?.

if you have updated the bios from the original, check your system hasnt switched over to the alt bios

if you got switched to the alt and that wasnt updated to the same version as the primary.
you could end up with issues due to the system having mismatch firmware updates.
which could result in your original symptoms.

so yeah check your bios version.
if you find you have been switched.
you can go into the bios memory settings and bawk them on purpose.
save and reboot.
on reboot the machine will think the bios is broken and switch you back to the default bios.
but with safe settings. (getting you back to the updated bios)

hopefully your machine will boot properly after.