iGPU & dGPU in a Lenovo Thinkpad T440p problems

TP T440p
4700mq (i7 i think)
intel iGPU
nVidia 730m
Hello L1T forum,
im a new guy to the forum, and Linux. I want to flash a working Linux distribution to my old Laptop. The problem is that, although my laptop screen is brand new and working (i checked it in BIOS and ran some tests - its working, also shows splash screen), when i install Linux on it - laptop screen is not turning on.
What i read online is that there is some kind of conflict between iGPU and dGPU.
I have some intel iGPU and nvidia 730m dGPU in it.
I read online that my built-in screen is “hardwired” to my iGPU or something like that, and that i have to have a “pass-trough” for the dGPU.
The inixi thing or whatever shows both devices running (i have it connected to external monitor) but the iGPU is max loaded and dGPU is like at 1% or less.
The problem is persistent across Linux distributions, Debian and its derivatives, Arch and its derivatives and OpenSuse TW and Leap.
I also got recommended on Reddit that i try PopOS! because it has bumblebee/switchero preinstalled - didn’t work.

Does anyone know the fix because i really dont want to sell the laptop or throw it away, because i really like it and its actually pretty decent for day-to-day tasks (university, taking notes and basic programming in C - or practicing C).
Thanks in advance,
Castle Bravo.

Well nevermind then, i think i fired my CPU in the process…

You can always replace the CPU. T440p lets you do that. Not a soldered CPU
If I were you, I’d try windows just to make sure it says the dGPU is being used
Also, sometimes the system monitors in the scenario you’re dealing with can be wrong, I’ve noticed that on linux. While it says you aren’t using your dGPU, you might be. Run a game, and see if the performance lines up with if you’re using the dGPU or the iGPU
Worst comes to worst, the 730m isn’t all that powerful, the CPU power is more important than the 730m, especially for what your described.

If you decide to sell the T440p, I recommend upgrading to something like a T480. The 8th gen intel CPU’s are so much more powerful, and use so much less power. I love the T440p for what it stands for, but I have my preference of the newer stuff just for battery life and performance.