If you think Gnome is ugly... you don't gnow what you are talking about

Pfff i never use gnome so i dont see it XD
LDXE is eneugh for me as i mostly use console

ummmmmm...

apt-get search?

I want that wallpaper!

There is that, synaptic package manager and several other options.

I was just demonstrating the simplest method to implement what he said you cant ^.^

I was adding to your argument to make a stronger point.

No argument here. : )

1 Like

I know I know, Im just paranoid on the internets cause no matter what you do you are wrong <3 <3 <3

(Doesnt help Ive been listening to a metal/rock playlist and I am not used to such agressive music and Im in a jittery mood :D )

If anyone thinks Linux in general is ugly direct them to my DA screenshots folder.. Plenty of DE/WM shots.

PS: Not self promoting, I'm not making any money out of this lol.

Don't think gnome is ugly, but I really don't think its particularly attractive, looks very naive

The best part of these are the fancy "arty" wallpapers XD

:( Some constructive criticism would be welcome :P LOL

1 Like

Sorry didnt realise these are your artworks?
I will be more constructive now, basically there isnt much emphasis on the actual software , its seems to be dominated by wallpapers...

I am a member of DA so if you want some more directly pointed in depth analysis I am happy to, just seems to be a lot of poorly selected fonts in a lot of the UI (i.e thin weights which are fine for print but not web in general), refer to w3s for more suitable selections, also a lot of transparencies that are not really great for UX.

I would happily go more in depth but would rather do it more personally than on a forum, so ideas could be better discussed :)

For a long time, I've always preferred KDE over anything else, but then I sat down with a virtual machine and tried out OpenSuse with Gnome 3. I honestly liked it, especially with studio dark.

I really need to setup a dual boot between linux and Wiindows on my main machines, for now just some older hardware run it. I don't use it enough, and I really need to. lol

Who needs a GUI anyway.

1 Like

What do you think of cinnamon?

Woah, GNOME looks even more ugly now. /sarcasm #YOLO

1 Like

I'm a Cinnamon guy. I like Gnome too. I like dark themes. Talk about ugly. Windows 10 is one of the ugliest OS's I've ever seen.

5 Likes

I never thought Gnome is ugly,

I mean I understand that other people like it and that is their choice.

My opinion is that is poor degenerate version KDE.

The semantic desktops was making things bling,bounce and wobble 2007.

My issue with cinnamon ( even though i use it right now ) and a lot of other newer Gnome variants including Gnome is that the shell looks so modern yet the GTK windows are hard to match in theming as your image demonstrates. Although the newer Gnome releases and DE's like budgie offer transparency on GTK windows at least.

it doesnt matter as much with the basic stuff like MATE or xfce because they are very simplistic.