Identification of excentric PCI-bracket

I was looking around on eBay for some networking cards, and I noticed some with a peculiar type of PCI-E bracket despite the card seeming pretty normal. Instead of the normal angle shaped one, these cards have small “fins” or “ears” with screw holes on each side. It struck me as some sort of OEM proprietary bracket, can anybody identify this bracket for me and what sort of system it might have been intended for?

Not sure about that one, but you know servers have cards like that which plug in differently in the back? Horizontal and the like?

They do, but they’d have the connector at the back. This one has a PCI(e) connector in the regular place, so unlikely to slide in like you described.

No idea what brand this particular card is associated with. :mute:

That is fair, and also why OP was surprised at the funny bracket.

The card looks (to me) like a “Silicom PE2G6I35CX 6 Port Copper Gigabit Ethernet”

But I don’t see any system it’s for in particular.

A standard PCIe bracket seem to be on most of the models, but most custom units seem to be 4-ports, without the ears.

Instead of a generic server, the ears/plate could be for a particular firewall/switch/system. but, not really my area.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.