Recently I’ve been having a not so great time with hardware; and given my location, pretty “stuck” at the moment. This is regarding a build that I did a while back where I used an H115 AIO.
I’ve always got “Check CPU” errors and the trick I found to get it to work was to do a soft-reset, i.e. hold the power-button down, then power back up.
This brings up the UEFI in ‘safe-mode’ of sorts and I can then boot Citrix XenServer and things used to be fine… until couple days ago.
Now… the system reboots whilst XenServer is running. WAT!
Right, so this weekend I took the H115 AIO off, checked socket pins, they looked good; placed the CPU back, gave it a bit of a wiggle. And threw on a Noctua NHU-14S which has since been nicely tensioned.
I ran into error code A2 (yes, no drives were plugged in)… but there was nothing on display. Then the dreaded Check CPU was back.
I haven’t been able to test much since, but thought I’d post here anyways.
EDIT: I’m running the latest UEFI.