I7 8700k voltage issue

Hey guys! Having an issue with adaptive voltage mode for my overclock. When I set it to adaptive mode with SVID enabled I get massive vcore spikes exceeding 1.4V (YIKES!!). I’ve tried backing off my load line calibration from level 5 down to 3 and it doesn’t seem to help. Also with that enabled my cpu clocks jump all over the place. When running a stress test the speed will fluctuate between 3.7GHz to 4.9GHz and won’t stay steady at 4.9GHz (this severely impacts cinebench score).

Anyways is there a way to smooth out the voltage spikes with using adaptive vcore? I like it sipping power and dropping the vcore down to under 1V when idling but not if it spikes to over 1.4V under load which makes it run about 10C hotter and perform worse.

For my OC settings that work well I have my 8700k @ 4.9GHz with a +0.220V offset. So idle vcore is about 1.26V and loaded it drops to about 1.22V according to CPUZ. I can push 5GHz but it needs a huge vcore bump and will run in the 90C range to stabilize it and I want to be nice to my cpu :slight_smile:

Rest of system specs:
Asus Maximus X Hero Z370 mobo
G.Skill Trident Z ram 16gb at 3002MHz (ever so slight bclk OC)
GTX 1070 Ti
H100i V2 cooler

Anyways any input on my issue is appreciated! :slight_smile: