i7-4770K vs i5-46670K for Stop Motion

Hey guys,

I'm building a stop motion/gaming PC for my friend who I'm so desperately trying to move away from his iMac. He does projects on a program called Dragon Frame for stop motion. Trouble is, I'm not sure if it's more worth it to save $100 and put more money towards a caching/boot drive or something else or if this program will benefit from hyperthreading.

Thanks!

P.S. Here's a PC Partpicker list of the components I'm looking at

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Zagascari/saved/26fl

Bear in mind, I'm trying to keep this build under $1500 if possible.

SSDs are useless! Get an AMD FX or 4770KKK. Getting an i5 is for useless fanboys.

First of all don't listen to rabidz7, I have no idea what he's rambling about, this is not the first time he does this stuff.

Second I looked at the system requirements for Dragon Frame and I found this:

Windows 
Windows XP (32 bit only)
Windows Vista (32 or 64 bit)
Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit)
Windows 8 (32 or 64 bit)
1.33 GHz CPU
1 GB RAM

I assume it isn't a really heavy program.  I don't really know the recommended or optimal system requirements for this program so you'll have to do a little of your own research.  Maybe hop on a different forum full of people who use this stuff?  What other software does your friend use and will he use this PC for gaming?  

If you're going for an imac killer than I made this parlist that will not only overpower the $1500 but you can upgrade the parts when you feel like too.    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2uL8a 

Thanks for the reply!

I finally got a hold of him, and it seems that he won't be doing too much outside of Dragon Frame. My main concern was that he would use software like Sony Vegas for editing, but looking into it more you don't need to. I'll definitely use more from your build!

Stop Motion animation programs hardly need any power, just some good cpu power (i5 k edition is kind of an overkill but it's still a gud cpu) Maybe a bit more ram to speed up Rendering and such but thats it. Also, unless he's gonna play some power hungry games or use program with GPU acceleration, you don't need a powerful gpu.

maybe an intel Xeon E3-1230-V3 cpu is a good one for him. its a hasswell cpu, basicly a i7-4770 without the igpu. it does contain HT. and its relatively cheap compaired to an i7.