I5 4690k or FX8350?

that goes back to how bad do you need a new system and how soon do you need it? If you just wanting the most powerful system for fuck all reasons aside from wanting more power just so that you can say "I HAS MOST POWER" then you want the I7-5960x. My assertion for zen was "wait to see what kind of value it offers" This is to see if A)skylake drops in price or B) to see what value AMD delivers. In both of those cases you win if you can wait. If you can't, then spit out a budget, and we can see what the best bang for that buck is.

As much as I loved my old 8350, no one can argue that the Intel is the better choice for pretty much everything.

I don't need an upgrade this instant, it's for when I want the upgrade, and what I want to upgrade too, I was asking for suggestions on what I should upgrade to, and what would benefit my 970 more, but I got my suggestions and have considered what I wanted. Thanks guys

i5 will simply beat a 8350 any day in gaming. The only thing the AMD currently has going for it are nice amounts of cores for virtualization.

Modern day graphics cards are also bottle necked by it.. eseentially anything above a mid range is a waste of money on graphics with an 8350