i5-4670K Build/Overclock

First and foremost, I would like to thank everyone that has contributed to this section (and really any section) of the Forum. I have spent many months reading everything I can on here, seeing all the different view points on various components, and all the advice that has been posted. I wasn't sure exactly where to put this, so I picked here...

I was out the PC Gaming world for several years...up until last month. When I finally upgraded my Desktop that I have used since December 2007. I replaced my HP MediaCenter PC (AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600/3GB DDR2/PNY GTX8800GT 512MB/500GB HDD/running Vista) that was barely able to play StarCraft 2 at medium details on a 19" Samsung LCD. Needless to say...how much the computer scene has changed over the last few years, I was at a loss of where to begin and what direction I wanted to go. But I found several really good deals on components, and this was the result:

NZXT Phantom
i5-4670K (Cooler: Corsair H100i)
ASUS Z87 Sabertooth
8GB G.Skill 1866
EVGA GTX670 FTW in SLI
2 x 250 GB Samsung 840 Evos (RAID 0)
500GB WD Blue / 1TB Seagate Barracuda
Rosewill RBR1000-M PSU
Dell U2410 and U2412M 1920x1200 24" IPS Displays
Running 64-Bit 8.1 Home

PSU and GPU are on my list to upgrade in the next few months. But I am in no real rush, since I can play StarCraft 2 at well over 100 FPS on Ultra at 1920x1200. I have also started playing Skyrim, getting more familiar with Steam...but only having a "3MB" DSL connection puts a real damper on Steam downloading. Skyrim, with all 3 DLC's, took nearly 9 hours to download...

After reading a little more through the forum and learning even more, I decided I was going to give Overclocking my 4670K a try....and everything I have learned here, along with a couple other YouTube Channels, gave me what I think is a great overclock for my first attempt since 2001...

I was able to get a very stable 4.5GHz at 1.255V. Temperatures at Idle range from 27C to 29C (21C Ambient) and peaks under 100% load ranged from 57C to 60C and normally hovered right around 48C to 52C. I used RealTemp 3.70 and CPU-Z while verifying overclock in a couple different stability tests (BurnIn Test and Prime95). I know I have more thermal head read for a larger overclock, but my OCD only allows me to have a 4.0GHz, 4.5GHz, or 5.0GHz overclock...I don't see my little ole 4670K getting a 5.0 OC without really upping the voltage beyond what I feel comfortable with.

Once again...thanks you to everyone on this forum.

Sounds realy great.
If your 4670K hits 4.5GHz that easy, then you definitely won the silicon lottery.

well done ☺

I really did...considering the total amount spent on this system is $1300. I messed my way through the interwebs trying to find the best deals I could, and this is what I got. I wasn't looking for an all out monster of a PC, since I really do not need one. Some parts were bought brand new, some used, and some as package deals. I mean, if I can get 7 years out of a off the shelf HP with just an added GPU...this system should serve me well for a while.

Yeah you will definitely good to go for a while.
maybe a gpu upgrade in the future, to realy keep up with the newest AAA titles.
But anything other then that, is totaly fine for the up comming years.