I was censored on Lvl1t and I don't even know why

I was instantly censored in this thread: Anonymity With Crypto - #19 by Five_Boxing_Wizzards
Reason is the sweeping argument: “Community flag”

I have read the rules and I did not break a single one of them.
It says I should edit my post and it will be unhidden. OK?
What should I self censor out to be allowed to post here?

Is this warning for real or is someone abusing the report function against me?

It reads like an Ad/Rant/Spam and is brushing against politics which is strictly forbidden in general conversation due to people not being able to read and not blow up about it.

It was one long piece about why we should all be using crypto, a devicive topic right now, and one that has these forums split under the surface but people are letting it be and not engaging if they don’t like it as it should be.

Either crypto will be the future, or it is a colossal global ponzi scheme and will bring up the next 2008 style recession. Either way, good or bad in that sense. It is an apocalyptic change for power consumption and the environment.

8 Likes

“Either crypto will be the future, or it is a colossal global ponzi scheme and will bring up the next 2008 style recession. Either way, good or bad in that sense. It is an apocalyptic change for power consumption and the environment.”

Blockchains are already being used everywhere, people just don’t know it.
I bought a can of fish today, it was tracked with a blockchain to strenghten sustainable fishing.
I also paid for it with crypto in my local food store using my card connected to a crypto bank.

Crypto being a ponzi scheme is like saying the internet is a ponzi scheme. Of course scams exist but it’s not what crypto is. Crypto is technology. :wink:

The apocalyptic power consumption hoax have been debunked, you ever calculated how much the FIAT money consume in power? It’s a lot more than crypto.
And Crypto miners utilize the waste energy, because that energy is almost free to tap into, they just move the miners where ever on the planet there is energy being wasted and use the energy for something useful. They also balance the powergrid.

How much energy is spent on gaming, Netflix, Adult entertainment?
Crypto is actually a green enviornment friendly system compared to almost anything we use regulary. :slight_smile:

People might not agree with me and that is fine as long as they don’t censor me because of it.
No matter how pissed off I would be at someone, I would never censor them.
Worse than trolling and spamming is the one who censor and quiet others down.
Behing “offended” does not give anyone the right to be a tyrant.

It’s sad such persons just click a button and go on about their day with the shutdown of someone else in imidiet effect, they rarely face any consequenses for their shameful behaviour. That person should be warned for abusing the report feature to shut others posts down.

Be honest about crypto and the blockchain. Almost all of any new tech on the blockchain is complete and utter scam. That has people promoting other peoples ideas and whatnot.

It’s not a complete hoax as such, some of the them are actually legit, which causes a lot of the confusion regarding crypto. Although many if not almost all other scam-coins are based of off the real ones. Which can make it hard to distinguish between actually useful crypto versus complete and utter scam’s with very good ideas or even bad ones behind them.

Point being, stop influencing people on scammy crypto. If want an actual crypto based currency. People will buy into some of it and when most is a scam, then they’ll think all of it is also a scam. Which it’s not… That gives crypto a general bad rep… Which then again could be sponsored by fiat currency, who knows :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s both.

5 Likes

When I was a kid there where many old adults that did not understand technology that said the interent was just a scam and people got ripped of on that thing.

Crypto is just software, there is millions of programs you could decide to use on your computer or on the internet based on all kinds of technology.
It’s true there is a lot of trash in the crypto world, just like you are flooded with worthless junk in every store you visit.
It’s junk, trash. Yes. But not necessaraly a scam in most cases.
Imo it’s easy to distiguish the trash from the useful cryptos.

Crypto have not exploded for no reason.
It’s a new technological revolution in it’s early stages. Learn about the tech that will build the future and Web3 and be a part of it. :wink:

or tulips, some REALLY old people thought that was the future. Pick your poison.

5 Likes

The threads and your replies seem like your trying to justify you delving into it, and being some sort of pariah to convert the masses. There is good reason at this point to have a bit of healthy skepticism of crypto. I have friends who have lost heaps on shitcoins trying to get in on the ground floor of the next ‘big thing.’ If it truly becomes some sort of next gen payment system worldwide then cool, if not, whatever. Most large purchases are via the traditional methods, with only a handful of gimmicky internet articles about some thing being sold for cash and/or crypto. Every crypto bro asswipe is trying to monitize it for themselves to only attempt to enrich themselves not unlike a ponzi scheme. NFT’s seem to be another method of delivering sweet FA for anyone but the one who is selling… Not withstanding the environmental impact of crypto as well as the consumer negatives such as the GPU shortages, etc.

TLDR - I can see why you got muted, I can understand you may love crypto, but it in the end if you don’t like the acceptance of your views on this platform there are plenty of crypto echo-chambers where you can roam free.

12 Likes

Very well said. I’m in the inclusion of losing a massive portion of what i had to crypto, with incredible ideas. That had no actual proper backing as to put it in use. Fun fact, one of those projects was headed or supported by Mcafee himself.

All the positivity should be placed on real coins, with an actual future behind them instead of any and every crappy coin. If people want to back actually useful coins, no one is stopping them. Let alone letting them talk. The main idea and the facts behind them are engenious, although doubful if many from the old world even care…

That’s one of the major issues with crypto, crap talk, scams which furthers disbelief in the main idea and its benefits. Further destroys hope, belief and trust in crypto being an actual useful thing.

8 Likes

Want to preface that in the Discourse Vision™ if a user with a high enough trust level flags something it will instantly hide the post being flagged without mod or admin intervention. Then a mod or admin will decide to unhide the post or keep it hidden. I wasn’t the one that handled the flag, so I don’t know what happened.

Honestly to me the post in question is more off topic than anything.

The original thread is about anonymity, not freedom. Although they can certainly be related, they are still two different things.

I would suggest that if you want to discuss freedom via crypto to start a separate thread. As mentioned in the first response of this thread we do have a no politics rule, so please be careful not to cross that one as discussion about freedom often does for whatever reason.

8 Likes

Dude if you wanna talk about it make a thread. Don’t go in someone elses thread, get muted, make a thread to bitch about getting muted, and then just continue the conversation

Just. Make. A. Thread.

10 Likes

How to forum, a forgotten Art.

9 Likes

It has been ages since I read from someone who is so much on the wrong track as you are. Like literally every point you make is completely wrong and reads like some kind of weird crypto-propaganda. I don’t know what your agenda is in this forum, you maybe better off on a crypto related forum.

5 Likes

You were flagged by the community for being a knob in a thread that was already turning into a dumpster fire. I generally just lurk around here and even I know there’s a pretty clear line drawn when things start getting political.

…and I suspect you’re gonna keep having things flagged if your response is to edit in this garbage and make a thread to whine about it. Grow up a little.

8 Likes

I disagree. You should not be asking whether something is as bad as something else, you should be asking whether there’s something more fit for a particular use case and purpose.

For example banking, you have an account, account balance can be represented by a transaction log, most people in the world make less than 10 transactions per day for all their needs. Why wouldn’t a regular bank let people transfer money to other participating banks maybe internationally and in realtime with no fees, or maybe minimal fees to prevent abuse.

You don’t need “the blockchain” or to mine long numbers, you can simply sign a block of transactions in a predefined multi-party signing scheme, automatically agreed upon between sender and recipient, based on personal trust of parties to reach a consensus not based on who has bigger wattage spent… and I’m pretty confident it’d take a few countries worth less energy to maintain the current transaction volume.

Whether or not all power saved this way could be put towards something else useful, … probably not.

3 Likes

You are right! :slight_smile:
Proof of work is inferior in many ways to other less energy draining systems. Most newer tech use other methods that don’t drain so much energy to sustain the chain.

Crypto as a whole is very green and enviormentally friendly,
Bitcoin, the worst of them all is better than FIAT, and other crypto is not even a million’th of Bitcoins powerconsumption.

I did, I made a thread. You are in it.

1 Like

Thread was about a man getting supressed by his government for using crypto, a very real thing in the world today. For example in China.
But who cares, we live in the western world. Someone getting offended by free speech is more important to deal with.

But don’t you worry mod, I’m leaving.
Posting about crypto related matters in a crypto thread was too much for this community.

Cool thanks and back to you Al .

Today on Refdit News

2 Likes

Thanks for all the replies everyone. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We look forward to see a project or something soon

Cya

1 Like