I Want to Install Linux FAQ

Yeah I can VM Manjaro if I want to test it out & I have been using Mint for a year or something in a dual-boot. Which I DO NOT recommend, because of the Virus 10 clock settings etc. It’s really irritating. Virus 7 never had any problems with dual-booting. "/

I’m probably going to hop on to Mint again. ^^

The pass-through isn’t going to happen in a month or two, because I need to buy a new PSU and one more GPU, so that thread isn’t really interesting to start just yet, but thank you for adding that. Will make a dedicated one in a month or two. Thanks. I’m done. Mint it is.

1 Like

There’s a setting somewhere to make Linux cooperate with Windows 10. and it’s overzealousness in setting the system clock to localized time.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Leader HQ 2.0

Yeah I know, it shouldn’t be like that, so that is why I’m not recommending it.

Virtual Machine’s are awesome though. I recommend that instead. Test 300 distros and 10 operating systems at the same time if you want and can, it’s a far better and a greater experience. VirtualBox works in Virus, Mac & Linux is free and simple to set up… If you want it even easier, Linux has LiveCD/DVD which is also a very good way to just try out a Distro on. (Just adding some alternatives to dual-booting.)

thanks… the first debian link is exactly what i was looking for.

My two cents here. If you are wanting to run Linux. Dont expect to run Microsoft applications such as Office, Photoshop, notepad <— lol

There are thousands of applications and ideas. come into Linux with an open mind.

Examples.

Photoshop = Darktable, Inkscape, Gimp
Adobe Reader = pdf reader. too many to mention.
Code IDE. Too many to List. Vim, Nvim, Emacs, gedit, bluefish, builder etc etc
Office = Libreoffice, freeoffice,

documentation MS Word = Latex, LibreOffice etc

Music. Too many to List. there are alternatives to many if not all Microsoft Solutions. the fun… Is finding what works best for you.