I screwed myself going onto the AMD boat.... advise needed if i should swap over to Intel

did you read his specs listed? I know that it would, IF the 7950 were at stock clock. he overclocked his 7950

I think your BF3 gaming bench at 1440p is really good. It's still playable. I would advise staying with AMD, since Battlefield 4 will be optimised for AMD. Battlefield 3 happens to be optimised for Intel. That reason alone can point to the performance difference between your two systems. Well, to a point. I guess it is a larger performance difference than I realised (read it a second time).

The 7950 is a better card than the 760. Once overclocked, the 7950 compares to an overclocked 770. You also get that 3GB of Vram sweet spot. 3GB is better for higher resolutions.

The upgrade path I would go is 8350 and a second 7950. You already have the 990 motherboard to accommodate that chip. All in all, a pretty painless upgrade. :)

Yeah, but you can just overclock a second 7950 and overclock that one too. 

Pretty much what you have said is what I think. 

I have a X4 945 at 3.0GHz and a 7870 GHz Edition and can run BF3 multiplayer at 60+ FPS nearly all the time.

Sweet learnt more info

Yea guess for more power ill go for another 7950 esep both can be overclock.

Hope all goes well with crossfiring 7950 without the fps hinderence.

Prays that bf4 would also be optimised for AMD parts :)

yeah but buy a FX8350 cpu first and look how that performs, with a little overclock. before you buy a second 7950. the FX6300 is just not as powerfull as an i5, but if i look at your numbers at 1440p it isnt even that bad in my opinion, the FX6300 with single 7950 realy performs well. in BF3 those numbers aren´t bad. but with a FX8350 you should get better numbers.

Thanks for your input MisteryAngel

Would you think getting a 7950 first and crossfire on a FX6300 will gain significant fps as compared to upgrading the cpu first?

For a fps increase?

Thanks to everyone that helped me.

With all the advise, i went and got myself 2 new 7950 boost today (just wanted to be safe and not have 2 different clock cards and would sell my oc edition at a later date).

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y190/markgab/PC/IMG_2380.jpg~original

Data (gpu&cpu temps, MSI max fps, etc)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y190/markgab/PC/Untitled.jpg~original

Right now at 2560x1440p, the crossfired 7950 boost (not oc'd) on fx6300 (4ghz) does give me an additional 25 minimal fps. (min: 55 / average:60-70 / max: 120).

Bf3 @ 2560x1440p/CPU temps max 30c/GPU temps max 60c/ GPU load 1&2 98% & 100%

Would like to know is that the right figures i should be getting?

What about if i were to get a FX8350 what sort of increase of FPS would i be getting?

I do think my CPU is bottlenecking as when i alt+tab i see the 6 cores at 90-99%

Interesting find! When i scale down to 1920x1080p, the fps gets worse and that does agree with the (CrossFire Versus SLI Scaling: Does AMD's FX Actually Favor GeForce?) claiming that AMD FX + crossfire = terrible for 1080p....

What about if i were to get a FX8350 what sort of increase of FPS would i be getting?

Not much. Instead of increasing amount of cores, you need to improve single-core performance. I got 10 additional FPS (High settings, 1080p, both minimum and average, minimum from 67 to 76) when I increased multiplier on my FX-8320 from 20 (4GHz) to 22 (4.4GHz) which proves that FX-8350 (at least in stock) is a bottleneck for BF3.

You already overclocked your CPU so I assume you already got everything out that can run stable.

So that would mean Intel? As its got strong single core?

Also somsthing is not right with my mobo.... Its a asrock 990fx ex4 and claims to have x16/x16/x4

However, GPU-Z says 1 of my card is in x16 and the other is x8. 

Shouldnt it be x16/x16? How do i change it?

So that would mean Intel? As its got strong single core?

There would be a performance increase although I have no means of estimating how big. I generally find that the difference is not worth the difference in price.

These are just my two cents, I think it would be best to wait until BF4 to come out until doing any upgrades because we currently don't know what it'll take to run it on ultra at 1440p at 60+ FPS, there is also a possibility that Nvidia or AMD could release a new GPU that would be better optimized for BF4.

you know .... the next gen consoles run AMD hardware... and simple logic will tell you that any piece of software developed for consoles will run much better on AMD PC HARDWARE.

just buy an AMD FX8350 CPU and you will be fine.

yes , the AMD RADEON 7series is the first wave from next gen console architecture... the next one will be even better.

I am betting that the 6300 is the main problem. Seeing as how next gen consoles will both have an 8 core from AMD and that BF4 is partnered with AMD, you can bet that BF4 will run great on an 8350 based system. Also, I think that it would have been wise to hold off on spending any money on graphics cards at the moment as that would get you no real gain in-game at the moment. You are trying to get ready right now for a game that won't be out for a while. By then, the 9xxx series gpus should be out, and they would have been the smart move (as others ahve said, they should come bundled with BF4). You might want to think about returning the 7950s and getting an 8350 instead. In between now and when the 9xxx series comes out, you can get a nice stable OC on the 8350 to help you get every frame out of the rig for BF4 as possible. Personally, I would be looking at going with an 8350 paired with a single 9970 (seeing as how you seem to have money to spend). Not all games support crossfire and more hardware means more heat. A single card set up would be my preference.

P.s. This graph is with a 680, which is a stronger card than the 7950.

Source: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-8350-vishera-review,3328-13.html

Just an update :)

So what did i do? I bought two sapphire 7950 boost (1100/1400) and cf with the fx6300 (4.3ghz)

Results were terrible!!!!!!!!! Seems as if i was bottlenecking and was lagging alittle at intense scenes.

At 1440p Ultra 4AA, Metro 64player

minimum fps : 40

maximum fps: 110

I then bought the fx8350 (4.5ghz) and boy there was a world of change!!!!!!

minimum fps: 70

maximum fps: 140

Would like to thank everyone with the help and opinions :) i am not regretting staying with AMD. Its just an awesome cpu.

I might try 3 way 7950 but the last pcie slot on my mobo runs at x4.

but i do think if i went 3 way ill be bottlenecking?

NO A TRI WONT HELP :O

+1 

Currently using 2 - 7970's in Crossfire. Never noticed microstutter before the 13.8b drivers, still nothing afterward. And I am EXTREMELY sensitive to low framerates or choppy playback. I can't STAND anything below 60fps. Yah, I'm a pretentious snob, and?  

XD

ps. I'm not really a snob, just fun to pretend!

Why does everyone here think that just because bf4 is gonna be amd optimized thatintel an nvidia setups r gonna run like crap. im pretty sure nvidia is also gonna optimize bf4 a lot. I bet after a few months u probably wont notice a huge performance difference between the 2