I need to Throttle my mac books bandwidth

Before everyone gets on my case, I am a low voltage technician and I install stuff like alarm systems, camera systems, sound systems, etc. I bought a mac because a lot of clients I deal with use apple so I needed a mac to play with and test different software for these clients. That being said here is my issue. I have a friend who likes to play WoW. He and his girlfriend play. On occasion I go over his house and play with them. Now my issue is my mac absolutely destroys the bandwidth. I basically make them get kicked off of the server every 2 mins while I stay connected fine. This has resulted in me having to bring my lan build over when I play. Which I don't mind but seeing as though WoW plays perfectly fine on my MBP I find it more convenient to bring that then my lan set up. So I guess to get to the crux of my question is what is the best way to fix this problem of hogging all the network resources? Should I bring another router to sub divide his network just for me? I have experience in setting up home networks but nothing too serious like custom sub nets and what not. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

-Jesse

There is some software that limits bandwidth going to different devices. Generally monitors and controls internet usage. So, you're in luck. Bad news is, I cannot remember what it is called. But, I think it will do the trick.

Someone else will probably identify it.

I'm sorry, I don't use Macs, or any Apple products, so the only software that I know of if Linux and Windows-based.

I would rather go hardware route to fix this. I have oodles of routers. I feel like there is a way to make a sub network that is nerfed. Just for me and this asshole of a mac book. I should have just got a mac mini and stayed with a windows laptop o_O

Get this https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/28072/entonnoir.

To throttle a MAc or any Apple product i tend to drop a brick on it!

thanks!