I need to settle an argument wich of these pc´s are best for the price

Hi Teksyndicate forums.

Ive been looking to build my first pc for a while now and me and my brother have been arguing whether his pc part picks where better than mine. Now we have decided to let you guys decide. First build is my brothers Amd build second is my Intel build. Note: we are from Denmark so stuff is a bit more expensive over here. The pcs will be used for gaming mostly Arma 3, BF4, Dayz etc.

My brothers build:

Case: Corsair Carbide 200r Midi tower

Mobo: Asus M5A97 R2.0, socket-AM3+

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black edition

GPU: XFX Radeon R9 280x 3GB

SSD: Kingston SSDnow V300 120 GB OEM

HDD: Seagate barracuda 1 TB

Ram: Corsair vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 2x4 Gig.

Aftermarket cooler: Corsair H100i hydro

Power supply:  Cooler  Master B500 500w

Price: 1,518 USD Converted from 8280 Danish Crowns.

My build:

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 titanium grey

Mobo: Asus Z87-A 1150

Cpu: Intel Core I5 4670K

Power Supply: Corsair CX 750M 750w Semi modular

GPU: Asus Radeon R9 290 Direct cu ii 4 GB

Ram: Corsair vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 2x4 Gig.

HDD: Seagate barracuda 1 TB

Price:  1.704 converted from  9.293 Danish crowns.

My brother is forcing me to write again that his build has more components and an ssd plus a liquid cooler. My counter argument is that my build will have room for upgrade ability. Which one do you guys think is the best? And do you have any improvements you could think of for any of the builds that would be very helpful as well. Thanks in advance :D

ARMA and DayZ are going to prefer that Intel CPU quite a lot. If you're serious about getting the most performance out of those games, I would advocate the Intel. In most games, there won't be a great deal of difference between the two CPUs.

I think both builds are good, and your brothers build has a better price performance. But you cannot use the 8350 on a motherboard with a 4+2 power phase. You need to upgrade it to something like the M5A99X R2

I would pick your brothers pc

Overall:

• I would throw away W8 and throw in W7
  • 4x4gb ram
  • Your case and PSU are better
  • GPU - on pure facts your's better, but i would pick 280x
Conclusion - Your's better but I would take your brothers - because it has better price/performance factor

The one thing that really sticks out like a sore thumb is the motherboard in your brother's build. If it wasn't for that one piece, my vote for price to performance would go to your brother's build. You, however, appear to have the better balanced build between the two.

+1

M5a97 is a bit weak for the 8350.

I'd say your build. How you ever managed to get all that for $1.704 is confusing.

you have the better mobo and gpu, but he has the SSD. The SSD is a huge advantage. So its even.