I need a "new" GPU, a really cheap one

EDIT: I feel like I have to edit this at the top, thank you for everyone's generosity and efforts and thoughts, I've never had the pleasure of being a part of such a giving community and I will look for something to give back to you guys (most likely in the form of software or maybe game demos ;) ) as soon as I can, thank you to all of you!

Okay so, I will start with this...

My situation:

I live in Bulgaria, I am broke as hell and I work with 3D game engines (UE4, CE, Unity).

What I need:

I need a 2nd hand graphics card so I can keep up with my projects, both personal and University related.
I am not looking for something flashy, all I want is something that supports DX12 and if possible Vulcan.

My problem:

I need to find a website, where I can buy a used graphics card for about 50 dollars or less that also ships to Bulgaria at minimal cost.

My story:

I work / live / study in Bulgaria, I can't save up a lot of money because between my bills, rent and recent medical costs I barely have any money, so I need to get something cheap.

Here, where I live, the prices on computer hardware is quite inflated, it sometimes costs up to 40 percent more and to add on top of that, everyone who sells old parts does so for unbelievable prices (about no less than 80% of the cost most of the time even on parts that are 3-4 years old).

So I have no choice but to try my luck...

This is a decent choice

I think the shipping is also to your country, is a good GPU for the price.

2 Likes

I have an old card you can have for free... but it's worth less than what the shipping would cost to get it to you...

amd 6870

You would be absolutely correct, the only hurdle is that it's another 40 dollars for S&H.

That's very generous of you, thank you, but in this case shipping would cost around what the card costs here, a bit less but considering the lack of DX12/Vulcan support, it would still limit my work, but thank you for your consideration.

I have a MSI GTX 660 collecting dust at home. It supports Dx12 and should support Vulcan. If you pay for shipping i can send it to you. I took a quick look at shipping prices and seems to be around 30 euro (Im in Stockholm, Sweden) but i might be able to find better prices.

4 Likes

That would actually be great, amazing in fact! I will send you a personal message, thank you so much!

OK, buddy, OLX... That is the website for second hand stuff in Bulgaria.
50$ or the equivalent there of may bring you 7850 if you are lucky.
Check out each seller and make sure they don't sell mining rigs and stuff like that.
You can also try the Hardware BG forums, although I have never used them, but I've heard positive feedback...
PS: 7770Ghz edition 40,-€
https://www.olx.bg/i2/ad/amd-sapphire-hd7770-ghz-edition-ID6A2Rw.html#:f6892e8634
7850 60,-€
https://www.olx.bg/i2/ad/video-karta-ati-7850-ID6DGWj.html#:b9fdccf387

I know it, I used it to buy a motherboard from storage for half the price, I also bought a used cpu from there but the few graphics cards I found there were either way too expensive or in case of AMD cards, mostly used for mining. The best deal I managed find was a 760 for 100eur (200lv) there was 750 ti for 75 eur but I missed it by an hour or so :(

760 for 200lv is way way too expensive. You can get 270X for that price, and 270X blows 760 out of the water.
Hell, there are 280 and 280X for 200-220lv.

I only have a HD6850 or a HD55XX I could send you. Don't worry about shipping, Germany->Bulgaria is like 10€.

I know right? But all I have right now is like 120lv and nobody goes that low :/

There's the 7850 I linked..
If you have time and are not in a rush, I have seen others in the recent months. Checking it every now and then. Got my 270X like 3 years ago for 180lv from olx...

Wow, I actually used to own a 6850, I used it for four years before it just went bad, I used it as a coaster for keys and my wallet, it's sitting right by my desk here actually, right now I am using a borrowed 6770, but I need to return it to my friend now, he has been so generous with me, I don't want to look like I am taking advantage.

On your offer dou, Vahlok already offered me a 660 and I wrote him a message about it, if we can't figure things out,I guess I might take you up on that offer, very kind of you, thank you!

I usually haggle my way trough sometimes, like when I bought my motherboard and cpu I managed to save a little bit (like 25lvs) with which I bought a cooler, as I had none that would match with socket 1155.

I still check OLX every other day, but the most effective way to get cheap parts seems to be old listings where people just get desperate/tired of waiting, they are easier to convince to lower their prices to something more reasonable.

Olx isn't really in the same galaxy as "reasonable pricing"... I mean there are "used" parts there, that are more expensive than the new parts from an actual store...
Ram especially. I mean Jesus Christ...

I remember when a friend of mine paid a butt-load of money for some DDR2 or DDR400, I can't remember, but it was still called Prodavalnik, not even OLX, but yeah, I gave up on OLX at least for GPUs, I was seriously considering GPUshack but my price range doesn't really match up.

@sas41 Seconding @Cavemanthe0ne's 7770 suggestion. I have one lying around so if the 660 thing falls through and if OLX can't get you anywhere, I can ship it to you for whatever it costs to ship. Only caveat is that I'm in the US...

First make sure the unit is gddr and not ddr, but look for a 260X. Great little things and they should be cheap as chips.

I would otherwise say get a 9800gtx+ and run.

1 Like

I remember GPUShack having a fixed 20 USD shipping price (they don't anymore) but If it's a +50%, I don't mind paying 30 dollars for shipping, thank you! I will wait for Vahlok to get back on me :3