I managed to lock myself in permanent physical interface

I think I have achieved something so dumb, not even the QA testing team at HP could have envisioned or planned for it

See, UEFI does not recognise my keyboard (Ducky Shine SF III), only my mouse. This was not enough to prevent me from making some security changes in UEFI with the mouse. The outcome being, that I am now locked in a Physical Presence Interface check screen, unable to enter the code or press any keys to escape it.

I have tried, clearing CMOS, trying all other USB ports, removing the SSD, restarting and power cycling with the case button.

Is there any way to escape this purgatory?
For now I have given up and brought the cheapest Dell keyboard I could find.

1 Like

The moral of the story is to have shitty keyboards lying around in case of emergencies :smiley:

7 Likes

I brought one, it solved everything. Boring is better

1 Like