I know you get this all the time but advice on a career as a cyber security analyst

Hey guys firstly YOU ROCK! Been watching you for a few years since I built my first gaming rig which some of your videos helped with thank you!

I’m 33 in the U.K. and now with a real love of tech and wanting to secure a career in tech I am interested in a cyber security analyst position.

My qualification path is 5-8 years as I need to retake 3 GCSEs to get a grade C in all so I can then get into a university course of either computer science or business computing and cyber security at Brighton university East sussex, u.k. Then after that I would think I would need to do a networking qualification.

By that time I will around 40 even though I got look a lot younger even now. Is there age discrimination in the tech industry? Would it be a waste of my time putting all those years in qualifying?

I read that they are crying out for cyber security analysts but do they mean only younger ones?

Best,

Adam

Read these

1 Like

Depending on your grades you should also consider an apprenticeship.

Generally if your good for the job, you should get hired. They cant discriminate against age in the UK.

1 Like