I keep getting kicked from servers

I’m trying to play Battlefield 4 and I keep getting kicked for using a VPN. Except I’m not using a VPN. It’s identifying my ISP as a VPN. Suuuuper frustrating. Does anyone have any ideas?

2 Likes

Until there is mass adoption of ipv6, I think this kind of thing will become more & more of a problem :frowning: I recently cancelled Amazon Prime because they wouldn’t let me watch videos. My ISP is small & uses CGNat to avoid buying many ipv4 IPs, so naturally it looks like a VPN. I would consider changing ISPs but of course there is no real choice for me atm.

Seems Battlefield 4 leans heavily on IP bans…

1 Like

This more true for anyone / everyone. Wonder how many people would love to give comcast the middle finger if they could?

2 Likes

I mean the only other option for me is frontier at 18 mbps, right now i’m on fiber getting 400

Maybe try reaching out to the server admins. They could maybe whitelist you as a player so their auto kick stuff ignored you. Just a thought anyway

If BF supports V6 you could just buy a block and tunnel it across from one of the V6 tunnel providers. Or maybe get a single IPv4 address or a block and do the same.

Or maybe try getting a static allocation from your ISP or ask them for v6.

So Microsoft and Sony both use Akamai for their anti-DDoS tech.

If you are are in an area where people share IP’s a lot or is a larger network like a school or housing complex then sometimes all it takes is one individual to ruin it for the rest of the people.

When I worked for an ISP for student housing if there was one person in a building of 500 students who decided to do something shady then they would IP ban us and every resident would call in pissed and there was nothing we could do.

I’m thinking maybe I need to work with my ISP maybe they can assign me a different IP address. I live out in the middle of nowhere. I have like three neighbors. Ii don’t think any of them know how to use a VPN.

I’m hard wired into a modem so I dont have to worry about a VPN at a router level. I guess.

Cool I’m gonna watch some videos about it, probably reach out to the ISP

So your computer gets the public wan ip?

Or are you taking about the modem/router/switch combo unit?

They put a modem on the house then that’s wired to a switch which goes to all my ports in the house. So my computer is plugged into one of those ports.

Do you have the model numbers of the devices?

Same boat here. Atlantic broadband at 400Meg or frontier at 3Meg. I can get 1Gb from Atlantic broadband but no real need for it.

Frontier in my area will not fix the lines / equipment between my house and the co 2 miles away otherwise it would be 18Meg. And there complete jokes around here!