I just entered Extra Credits 5 day game jam

So I entered without even knowing the theme. They will announce it on a livestream Dec13-th.
So, anyone interested in joining in?
I will also try and livestream the shit out of that. It’s just 5 days.
Anyone want to join in?

1 Like

Eli5?

1 Like

… HUH…?

1 Like

Explain like I am five years old.

I do not know anything about this thing, even after clicking on the link. I was hoping you would be able to explain to me what this thing is about.

1 Like

Game jam - itsa challenge to complete a game in certain period of time. It’s not about polishing or being good, it’s about starting and more importantly finishing a game project. It’s basically devember challenge, bit squished in 5 days and asking for a finished game.
They haven’t announced the theme, which is a bit worrying for me. The theme can be anything from text adventure to open would sandbox. Or it can be dogs… Nobody knows.

1 Like

Ahhh.

That seems pretty dope. 5 days tho bro. That’s very short.

Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you :blush:
You are so nice.

Well, all they ask is functioning game. I can make Pong clone in a couple hours, so theres that.
It all depends on the theme. If the theme is not too limiting I should be able to do it while keeping up with the Devember challenge here.

1 Like

Yeah bro. Pong would be so easy to do, you could totally do both.

Giving it a quick google someone programed a pong clone in javascript in like 1 hour. You got this.

1 Like

Yeah, but it all depends what theme are they gonna throw at me.
They’ll say Christmas and I’ll have to do something with that… Pong kinda won’t fit…
Can you tell I’m excited? Cause I am…

1 Like

Make the paddles elves and the ball a bauble.

Boom, Christmas themed pong clone.

2 Likes

Make the pong ball a chistmas present.

Boom.

Mission accomplished

1 Like

Eggxactly.

1 Like

Ludum Dare game compo gives you 48 hours. I took part in a few, it’s great.

2 Likes

Oohh, it would be fun if when the player is doing poorly the bauble/present turns into a lump of coal.

2 Likes

Join in this one… We will measure our d… Games afterwards…

Honestly I am toying with the idea to just reskin “look your loot” with less animations and a win/lose conditions…

Game Jam Livestream:

1 Like

Right,… The theme is PRESENT…
Make of that what you will… I am completely out of ideas as to what to do :smiley:

1 Like

Indiana Jones type game where you find a present.

1 Like

Right… Uhm…
I’m considering quitting the jam…