I have a lot of errors and crashes, bluescreens :/

Hello my specs are :
-i7 13700k
-RTX 4060
-B760 Gaming plus wifi (msi motherboard)
-gigabyte 850w psu
-Artic freezer i35 A RGB
-Kingston fury 32gb ddr5 600mhz
-Corsair mp600 pro xt (ssd)

For the past week im experiencing a lot of errors when im playing various of games like Hoi4 and War thunder and i tried reinstalling my drivers , bios update and a format. But these errors never stopped can someone please reach out to me and help me with this issue. I have seen that a lot of 13th and 14th gen intel cpus are having problems but im not sure if that is the case . I will include some pictures that i have captured so you can depict what is going on (The first 2 are after the format). Thank you for your time

These are from my games
Screenshot_2

1 Like

These from the event viewer

1 Like

Can you check the blue screen errors using this tool:

May help narrow down where the error is coming from.

1 Like

i will try wait a min

after the format i didnt have any bluescreens for now only blackscreens and freeze

Hmmmm… so that makes it harder to troubleshoot.

So basic troubleshooting is where I’d start for you.

1. Verify everything is properly seated in your PC(CPU, RAM, GPU, etc) It could be worth re-seating your hardware. Check the CPU socket pins look good.
  2. Check bios settings (maybe try setting to default and changing your RAM profile to a second XMP profile )
  3. Make sure everything is up to date(Windows, BIOS, Drivers, etc)
  4. Verify all attached devices are connected properly and that no device errors are occurring on your USB devices, SATA, NVMe, etc. You can check for drive SMART errors with Crystal Disk Info. For USB devices you can go through them in device manager and check for errors there(but should see them in event viewer)
  5. Stress/test your hardware. Cinebench, furmark, memtest86, etc. Check temps for your devices to make sure nothing is cooking. Memory has no errors etc.

Those are my main troubleshooting steps. I’m personally leaning towards either a storage drive or RAM error, but check all your basics and take your time. It can be worth trying a linux distro like Ubuntu to see if the problems follow. If you have any questions about the above steps or hit dead end feel free to let me know.

1 Like

@xyz laid it out well. I would add:

CPU / GPU Temps at idle, with just the Windows desktop, what are they?

Unplug the PC from power for at least 60 secs. This ensures nothing is resident in RAM. Many errors in memory survive reboots and still report them, even if the issue was corrected.

Unplug any external USB hubs / devices, VR headsets, anything save mouse and keyboard basically.

If you have anything overclocked (CPU / RAM) disable it for now. Get it to a stable state, then turn things back on one at a time until it isn’t.

If unplugging everything does not work then swap RAM sticks to different slots. You can also try one stick at a time if the swap does nothing.

Tried to find commonalities between Hoi4 and War Thunder. Not the same graphics engine, but they are both network intensive games in multiplayer. Assuming you are using ethernet, see if you can get the latest drives for your NIC.

Nothing stands out. Sorry.

1 Like

Leaning on CPU is cooked, check this thread out:

Welp…

Check the thread linked at the top of my post. Probably Intel factory-cooked the CPU

4 Likes

Yep, appears that it could be. Other devs are reporting the error in their games:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GrayZoneWarfare/comments/1cn9d72/known_issue_guide_the_oodle_crash_highend_intel/

Here is workaround they are recommending:

However, I’d recommend still doing the above troubleshooting steps. As of now only solid data we have are with i9 processors, but I wouldn’t be shocked if other intel CPU’s are having the issue as well…

RIP my 13600k if this happens.

1 Like

try capping your multiplier to 53 and set the memory to 5200 without changing other settings.

after you’ve made sure your bios is fully up to date. then let us know. the oodle error is almost certainly dying cpu

3 Likes

It very well could be, but after decades of fault finding PC’s of all shapes and sizes, I don’t assume anything until I have evidence to support a conclusion. I saw the same symptoms on a PC that had a dozen fridge magnets stuck to the side of the case fifteen’ish years ago.

Basic PC fault finding applies regardless. It helps eliminate possibilities and will eventually focus on the real issue.

1 Like

Would normally do the same, except oodle crashing is either unstable-overclock, or CPU being bad at math.

1 Like