I found the coolest

Hello world!

Today I found the coolest Internet Service Provider.

Bahnhof, is German for Trainstation. It is also a Swedish ISP that provides, well Internet access, I never have used them nor been in contact with any of the reps or sales people, and heard about them today.
I was going through job postings of ISPs to see what they all were looking for and found out that they were looking for a technician of sorts, “open position”.

Now, put in your bets on what the requirements where…

The requirements

Translated:

1. You have experience with atleast one of these: OPNFV, Neutron, CBRS, Open-contrail/Tungsten Fabric, Daylight, VXLAN, SDN, Calico, SD-Wan, OVS (Open vswitch), Open Compute, Open Stack, AI.
  2. You know Moxie Marlinspike or (you are searching him up now).
  3. You always want to know more and you surf forums and other channels.

I’ve never heard of the first things before, but I really wished they had the Crypto anarchist Manifesto as one requirement.

Also in the “about you” description was:
You want to tear down the Chinese firewall and stop the Cloud Act.

And
“Legacy” shall burn.

I already love this company, and I can imagine that one person in the dark on one evening trying to write a job posting for other likeminded laughing their ass off.

9 Likes

I really hope they didn’t just hire an edgy Gen Z to write this job offer to get you through their door and later find out you’re gonna work with old ass farts that still smack computers to make them work and complain about their partner but still married them 30+ years ago.

1 Like

They are somewhat different in that they actually take a stance for freedom of information and consumer rights. So far (the last 15 - 20 years) they’ve been pretty successful in thwarting the threats from the media industry with regards to piracy etc. Also it is the only option we Swedes have to get a 10gbit wan-connection as a private household… All for the mere cost of ~$40/month.

1 Like