I am not budgeting for Boardgames in 2020

I think this is the right place for this, but please feel free to let me know if it needs to go somewhere else.

This post is mostly for some accountability, exposure to my idea, and hopefully some encouragement since it might be a hard year. Beware, the post might be a bit long, but I am going to try my best to make it as concise as possible. I will explain what we are doing, then I will explain the why behind it. So here we go…

(TL;DR at the bottom)

My wife and I are not budgeting to buy any games in 2020. However, there are a 3 caveats, which I think are reasonable. (Please feel free to disagree and mention it in the comments). Since I wanted accountability, it is only fair that I am open about these caveats.

1. Prior to this commitment which was made on January 1 2020 when we budgeted, we had ~$69 of store credit at our FLGS which we had to use. We had spent some and it is now down to ~$25. I do not count this as a budgeted expense because we literally cannot use that money anywhere else. And well, it has to be used or it is gone. To remove this caveat going forward, we will not be selling any games via our FLGS in 2020. To my knowledge, they are ending the resell program they have anyway and have already stopped taking in new games for it so this won’t be a problem.

Seems like some of the post is missing.