Hyper-V + Bluestack 5 Compatibility Issue?

So I tried to enable Hyper-V on Windows 10 Pro and then tried running Bluestacks 5, it kept freezing/locking up the computer when Bluestacks loaded.

I had to remove the Hyper-V app and reboot in order to get back to normal.

Bluestacks detected Hyper-V being enabled and running and had me download the so-called compatible version for both 32-bit and 64-bit OS’s

However they both behaved the same way until I removed Hyper-V

Any ideas on this one ?

I wanted to try out Hyper-V as a replacement for VMware Player.

Hyper-V requires complete access to the Virtualization extensions, and only allows what is called “User Mode Virtualization”. Perhaps this is what’s truly causing the issue?

Bluestacks does have a page for this specific topic: https://support.bluestacks.com/hc/en-us/articles/4412148150157-Solution-for-when-BlueStacks-5-is-unable-to-launch-when-Hyper-V-is-enabled

Yeah, this is a known issue, Bluestacks at all on Windows 11 requires the same work-around, and using it precludes the ASW as well.

Thanks for the feedback.

I will check out that article and see what to try out.

I reviewed the article and tried what was mentioned there, same issue.

I will research this matter further when I get time but was also wondering of any other Windows Host based alternative to VMware ?

Is Oracle doing the same thing with VirtualBox ?

VirtualBox also uses User Mode Virtualization when running at the same time as Hyper-V… but you could always run VirtualBox directly without any Hyper-V shenanigans, that could make your use case work!

@teltersat thanks for the feedback, I will test this out.