It’s time to provide a place to direct people when I say I do/make things. I’ve decided to start building a site with Hugo.
I play music, I write a bit, and I homelab, so I’d like a place to put all of the things. Documentation seems pretty self-explanatory, but I have questions about handling the media (pictures, audio files, videos)
To those it applies to
How do you handle your pictures/media on your static site? Is there a right/wrong way to do it?
Do particular Hugo themes handle media better/worse than others?
Suggested habits overall to get into early?
TIA!
1 Like
Not familiar with hugo
I asked a LLM to make me a script to transform markdown into html for my static noscript friendly site. It used to be 1994 style I wrote this HTML by hand, and I’ve updated the look, and obviously vibecoded the deployment.
I transform images into css dotmatrix for images, but I have little plans to add them frequently. You can see an example on my first public post archipelago
I’ve been working with claude on a feww other upgrades, all still noscript friendly, but full image uploads is not planned. Just the abstraction in CSS
1 Like
I used hugo for a while, if you are using github is a good fit to host it in github pages. If you are hosting in github pages they will put your files in a CDN so you dont need to hurry about where your images and other files are hosted. If you are not using that I would get a cloudflare account and get a R2 bucket upload my assets there then use the full link when referencing them in code.