Huge driver issues MSI MEG x399 creation and gtx 1060

Hi Everyone,

I am new to linux, however I always wanted to have a dual boot windows/linux computer, so I finally got myself one. The parts are listed here https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/GGcmvn. I updated the BIOS on that beast of motherboard (I am planning on some major upgrades down the line).

The parts arrived and I assemple it, boot the bios and everything was present, so I felt a huge relieve. I tried to install windows and linux, however I had the blue screen of death after the first instalation section of windows, which I though was odd. So instead I started with Linux.

It crashed as soon as I log in (I asked for it to install third party propietary software). After that I install without that option and It work like a charm.

However the wifi card was not recognized (Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 card ) but the bluetooth works perfectly. I downloaded the linux firmware from intel and I moved it to the /lib/firmware folder separately and also as individual files and nothing worked.

I also updated all linux packages and everyone and nothing has work.

I am truly lost, any help will be great, also I am a complete linux novice

EDIT

Thank MisteryAngel, I installed Ubuntu. I also updated all the packages:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Kinda hard to help if we dont know which particular distro you use.
As for Nvidia you probablly need to install the Nvidia 415 driver.

1 Like

Hi, thank for the reply! I installed ubuntu ( not ready for the other distros) and thank you I fixed the grafics cards and I installed the driver.