HUANAN X79 motherboards IOMMU and Linux support

HI all , i was wondering if any of you crazy linux people had tested the knock off x79 boards you can get from china via AliExpres, there are serveral versions but the latest on is this .

HUANAN X79

I am asking as i need a decent workstation for work to get me off the horrible macbook i have but i dont want to spend all of my IT budget on me, i need that for cool 7940x workstations for our editors and more second hand nettap disk boxes :slight_smile:

The kits you can get on aliexpress are decent value, problem is i want to be able to thow a few low end GPUs in it for passthough to VMs for testing and development so i need to know how the IOMMU groups are set out for them.

If anyone has tested them on linux or just has some more experaince with them then please let me know.

iirc, they’re using a h series chipset on the motherboard. No idea what the groupings would look like, but that might help you some. Check out TechYesCity’s video on these if you havent already, and maybe pop into his forums and see if anyone there has more experience, more likely to get some knowledge from that crew than here I would think. Might even have one of them be nice enough to boot into a liveboot and check it out