Hi, Hope there is someone here who might be able to assist…
Have this Hp Z4 G4 workstation which ive tricked out to be a nice and power efficient vm server…
it has a w-2295 cpu, 256gb ddr4 ecc reg memory. I have a 905p 480gb optane disk as primary os, then a p-1600x 118gb optane on nvme 2… I have 4 x p3605 intel 1.6tb u.2 ssd’s on a 4x u.2 to pcie card with bifurcation 4x4x4x4 enabled. Dual 10gbe ethernet, then there is a 8port sas controller, controlling 2 x 3.5” internal bays aswell as 4 x 15” mm 2.5” icydock bay. then i have a 6 x 9.5mm 2.5” icydock sata bay connected to the 6 x motherboard satas.
I have the dual memory vrm cooler (2 x 60mm fans) and the pcie cooler (front of case)
MAchine is awesome for what it is, and it runs at under 150w…
The CHERRY on the top was going to be to setup MeBx/Amt to be able to switch the machine on remotely/reboot etc…
only to find there is a password on the mebx…. the default “admin” does not work.
The hp z4 g4 docs speak of a “amt unconfigure on bootup” option which does not exist and 9+ bios flashes (from v3.0 to as far back as 2.4) has not sorted it or provided the option.
There has got to be a way to reset this….
Any tricks y’all know of ?
I obviously have full physical access to the machine.
I cant friggin put the machine in my rack yet.. just need to sort this last issue out….