HP ProLiant ML110 G7

I recently acquired an HP ProLiant ML110 G7 for free and don’t know how to make the most of it. It has 4x1TB HDDs and 16GB of RAM. Powers on and runs fine but no boot device. I have built a few workstation PCs for my chiropractic office and a couple gaming PCs for my kids. Got no clue on what to do with this machine.
Landed here on the L1 forums from watching their YouTube videos, and they are from Kentucky, so they have to be great people. Thanks for any help.

PCIe 2.0, 1Gb Ethernet and only 4TB of storage? Good grief that is ancient.

The only thing this has over an all-SSD consumer NAS like the Asustor Flashstor is ECC memory. Otherwise the Flashstor 6 sports 2.5 GbE, a more power CPU, all SSD storage, and does so at a 24W maximum power budget. A Flashstor 6 costs $449 + $200 for a 4TB SSD m.2 drive. That is $900 for a 4TB mirrored all-SSD solution that will last you to 2030.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that thing is more or less obsolete. You could possibly mirror two 4TB SSDs and install a boot SSD with an image that zips direct to RAM, requires some fiddling but is very much doable.

That said… What are your use cases with this?

Thank you for the input. I had a feeling that was going to be the case for this old junker but thought I would ask people more knowledgeable than myself before getting rid of it. Thanks again for answer.

Got ya beat. I still have 6 hp ML350 gen 3.

If anyone wants these boat ankers feel free to let me know!