How to test stability of Registered ECC DDR5?

I recently built a new Intel W7-2495X using GSkill 6400 ECC Registered DDR5 memory. The CPU is water cooled and I never end up running anything at stock speeds, and while I have a decent amount of experience overclocking memory (even DDR5 on Raptor Lake) I have not overclocked ECC or Registered ECC memory before.

My understanding is Registered ECC will automatically correct errors on the fly (if it can correct the error). What method should I use to detect if ECC is detecting errors and correcting errors?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Welcome to the OC RDIMM club! do you have the memory running at 6400MHz already?

If you have IPMI on the motherboard that is the more reliable way, but even if you don’t, Windows and Linux theoretically can tell if correctable ECC errors are happen via event log and edac respectively.

Also this thread is probably a wealth of knowledge:

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome! :slight_smile:

Yeah, I have 6400 working using the XMP profile and slightly tighter secondary timings:

Motherboard is an ASUS Pro WE W790E-SAGE SE so I do have IPMI on it. I havent had a chance to go into it yet, but now I have some added incentive.

I read through a good portion of that thread and feel good knowing there are some very knowledgeable people on this platform. Thanks again for your help!

I’ve got the same motherboard, fwiw I haven’t been able to get an ECC error reported yet, plenty of CPU crashes reported in IPMI though:

When you do log into the IPMI make sure you include the https:// before the IP address, if you just type in the IP address of it, it won’t load.

Memtest86 (Not +) seems to support testing this, atleast according to their forums: