How to monitor sensors on linux with am5?

Hi,

In light, but not only, of amd am5 ryzen 7000 series cpu and motherboards dying/burning, is there a way to monitor the sensors on linux?

lm_sensors / sensors-detect detect nothing of use (no vsoc, volts, fans, cpu temps, mhz, …) just the following:
amdgpu-pci-1300
Adapter: PCI adapter
vddgfx: 1.07 V
vddnb: 1.24 V
edge: +64.0°C
PPT: 59.17 W

iwlwifi_1-virtual-0
Adapter: Virtual device
temp1: N/A

According to Gigabyte support, the motherboard has these sensors: IO controller: IT8689 and HW monitor controller:IT8795

I’ve tried, with no results, modprobe it87 (error… no such device) and k10temp (no more info than before).

I can see the current cpu mhz by typing “watch -n 1 sudo cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq” but looking around I couldn’t see a place where voltage/fans/etc might be stored.

A bit of a noob here, so not to comfortable in compiling/installing/etc anything that can’t easily be reverted.

motherboard: gigabyte aorus x670e master, bios f10c
cpu: ryzen 9 7900x
ram: gskill trident z5 neo
o.s.: kde neon

Thanks

1 Like

Short answer: No
Detailed answer: Sort of

By default, the most you will get is what you showed already. Zenpower/Zenmonitor will display additional info but not sure for AM5, as it hasn’t been updated in a while. Lots of people say the readings are inaccurate anyway.
For motherboards, specifically the it87 chip, you can try the out of tree it87 module. It’s largely unmaintained, but some people on githup and gitlab have been maintaining their own patches that work on certain boards. Beware that it may kill your board.

Didn’t the Aorus Master get sensor support in linux 6.3?

If I’m not mistaken, that support only includes temperature sensors, which is better than nothing. No fan speeds or voltage readings.

Ohh i see, I must have misunderstood. I agree, better then nothing.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.