How to maintain Manjaro as a main desktop

Finally, a mug that helps boost the cortisol release when drinking coffee.

2 Likes

Not Arch based, but most people laud openSUSE Tumbleweed for its stability compared with other rolling distros. Doesn’t change the fact that about a week after I installed it on my laptop it broke my touchpad in X11. Luckily it’s still fine in Wayland so I haven’t bothered to troubleshoot actually fixing it, but if that laptop had an Nvidia card it would definitely have been higher maintenance.

Yeah, SuSE does a good job with their rolling distro. I’m not a fan of zypper though, and some of the yast stuff gives me bad feelings, so I couldn’t stick with it.

This is why btrfs and snapshots are a thing. If it all goes horribly wrong the panic only last as long as the rollback - if youre lucky.

1 Like

You guys realize that the original poster has not responded in a week?

1 Like

Shhh… its our thread now we can talk about anything

4 Likes

He hasn’t responded at all.

Maybe he bricked his Manjaro install?

4 Likes

Please don’t stop the comments. I am considering a system rebuild and Manjaro is my top pick. I would be using it as a VM host server that also has a functional desktop.

1 Like

That makes it sound like it will take a while. Rolling back is a few renames and a reboot. In fact I wouldn’t “roll back”, rather fork keeping before and after bootable, and clean up at leisure, calmly, a week later, or if I’m honest, six months later.

This is 100% the wrong reason to pick a distro, but the SuSE lizard is cute xD

1 Like

You know…

I’m going to move the L1 minecraft server to SuSE because of this.

1 Like

Maybe this is additional motivation for SUSE.

3 Likes