How to find out fps of a game

Hello
I do editing of videos and whether its 30FPS or 60FPS lets me know what I can do to a video
So my question is there a place where I can go see what the base frame is what the company locked it at?
I don't wanna know what I actually get when am playing at long as I know its max's at 30 Fps sometimes or max's at 60 Fps.

msi afterburner, fraps, and steam has its own fps counter too

I need to know base fps because am recording from console
I already use action to check my FPs on PC

Mate... slow down and rewrite that, I have no clue what you are asking.

1 Like

Yeah... I think we're all a bit confused

I think he is asking about minimum frames. there is not a bottom lock, some games have caps, but not floors. any game can dive horribly. as far as being frame locked, Steam has a curator that accounts as many 30FPS frame locked games as possible, and if those games have tools to unlock that framerate. but telling between 30FPS and 60 FPS is REALLY obvious. so I am not sure what the actual question is.

OP seems to want to know if there is a way s/he can check whether a game on console caps out at either 30 FPS or 60 FPS so s/he can record and edit a video properly.

Some companies cap the FPS on consoles to 30 FPS, others to 60 FPS, but there isn't anyway to find that out within game natively, so OP is asking if there is a way to find out through other means.

I had no problem understanding what they were asking...... dont know why people are confused.

Yes exactly

Not sure of a way to check besides just recording the video at 60fps or 120fps and checking when the image updates. so if a game is running at 30fps and record it at 120fps the image should change every 4 frames.

1 Like

Where can you get a capture card that records 120 fps o.e

not sure but 60 fps might work but will not be as accurate.