How solve lockups with Win 7 & 10?

Hello all,

Back in July I built a brand new gaming/work rig to make riddance of my crappy laptop I had been using for the past 3/4 years. Since around the end of July I've been having weird problems with my rig though.

I have the tendency to leave my rig on through the night when I'm sleeping, or I put it into sleep mode. I've noticed that if I wake the computer up from sleep mode, I get these massive hangs for anything upto 5 minutes. I've been using Windows 7 and Windows 10 and it's the same on both, maybe slightly worse on Windows 7.

I understand that this could be due to limitations of my hard drives, as I've reused them from olders rigs/laptops I've had before. This was to cut costs a little.

My rig spec at the moment consists of:

ASUS RoG Crosshair V Formula Z mobo

AMD FX8320 Black

Gigabyte Windforce GTX 760 4GB

EVGA NEX650 650w PSU

2GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

4x Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition fans

Corsair Obsidian 750D case

Seagate ST350012CS 500GB (G: drive)

Seagate ST9250827AS 250GB (C: drive)

Seagate ST9500325AS 500GB (D: drive)</p>

My G: drive is used for backup of project files, artwork, photos, etc, etc.  My D: drive is used for most of my programs and games, mostly games.  My C: drive has just got the OS's installed on it, with .Net frameworks, and other MS libraries

Looking at the task manager I can see that when this problem occurs Firefox, 3DS Max and Photoshop seem to some type of "memory leak". Firefox mostly, it can use upto 2GB of RAM, where as Photoshop & 3DS Max are around 1-1.5GB between them.

Currently buying new hardware isn't an option for me, I'm currently out of work, so I've got no pennies to spend at all.

Any recommendations as to what I can do?

I've tried the usual things such as disk fragmenting and disk cleanup, but it doesn't really aid much.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

BkS

Waking up is no problem, it's using the software like Firefox, 3DS Max, etc. They hang for what seems like forever. I'm also getting a lot of lock ups with Flash too, which greatly annoys me.