How much do mobile SoC consume at their peak?

I can’t find sources in this regard, in some articles i read that one chip didn’t have a good generational gap because at ~6W it consumes a whole watt more than its predecessor while in some others articles i see a comparable chip (as in fit to be in the same thermal envelope) splurging more than 10W.
Sellers/manufacturers obviously do not disclose such info and i’m here wondering if my phone can suck up to 5W or 10W

Do you have anything specifically in mind that you are looking for? Usually Broadcom and Qualcomm list this information in CPU/SoC specifications.

I’ve personally seen my phone suck 1600ma under a heavy load so 6w isn’t out of the question

I work with an Android embedded set-top box project. Qualcomm based SOC. I’ve been told that if we gave it a decent heatsink and fan plus an all-new power supply it could go up to 30 - 50W with all four cores at maximum speed and full GPU usage, plus full RAM bandwidth. Thats’s also including heat from the Flash memory and the gigabit Ethernet controller.

That would be great but customers would hate the fan noise. Even having a fan would add reliability problems with eventual fan burnout, so we don’t.

Plus after about 15W you get better work per watt efficiency from an Intel CPU design.

The Nvidia Tegra SoC can go up to 15W, which is why the Switch has an active fan in it. Charging the internal battery and the controllers can bring that wattage higher.

Any famous chipset mounted on a “flagship” smartphone would be good, be it Qualcomm Snapdragon, Hisilicon Kirin, Apple A series… just to have an idea of what an SoC in a phone consumes at its peak.

And the Tegra inside the Switch doesn’t reach the full 15W, it’s majorly downclocked even when it sits in a dock, it consumes ~5W when portable and ~10W when docked.