How is the Radeon HD 7850 an average card?

People say that the Radeon HD 7850 only produces average graphics, but for me I can play the latest games with the graphics turned all the way up.

the hd 7850 is a good card for its price. which one did you get? do you play at full hd? and which games do you play?

It depends on which resolution you're playing at. The 7850 is still a mid-range card just because the higher tiered cards perform much better, but a 7850 is still enough for the average person. The 7850 is kind of the baseline though. I won't recommend anything less than that, because it's nice for running games at a playable framerate, but you're not going to get 60 frames per second out of it.

Try playing Crysis 3 and Bioshock Infinite at max, then come back and say that... Bet you won't...

I haven't used a 7850 but hear really good things about it! What you should do if you have the cash is wait for a good sale on another card and crossfire them! Also, with that 7850 you'd be able to help chip in with Bitcoin mining with the team! Check out the thread if you're interested!

My Sapphire 7850 OC Edition pulls 60+ fps on everything I've thrown at it....this is with a Phenom II x4 965 as well.  I haven't played any Crysis 3 everything maxed but I don't doubt it could do it with a bit of fluff turned down.  Really the only thing I don't get 60fps at 1080p everything maxed on is Arma 2/Dayz and that is in part my processor and in part the poor performance of that game to start with.  It does come in at 40+ though which is acceptable as things go.

So I don't know, its definatially not the best card out there but it's a heck of a card for ~$200 I would definatially consider it a higher end card not an average  card,  Maybe average by the standards of poeple that absolutly must have everything maxed out and have the best of the best anyways.

yea i have the msi model with the phenom x4 965 cpu and i get above 60 fps on bf3

I'm playing Bioshock Infinite at max with 1280 by 1024 monitor running at an average of 116 frames a second.

I got the 2GB Sapphire version.  I played Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite at max.  I'm still using a VGA monitor and a VGA to DVI adaptor because I have no HDTV or super fancy monitor right now.

I'm playing Bioshock Infinite at max with 1280 by 1024 monitor running at an average of 116 frames a second.

That sounds like a great idea.  How much better does Crossfire make the graphics?  I'm already maxing everything out.