How does one control fan speed on Asus PRO WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI?

So no way to control fan speeds using regular software on WRX80E?
Just IPMI using LAN(not even Wifi)?

1 Like

Hi all, i have the WRX80E with the TRPro 5975WX and i m having real trouble with the cooling system of my cpu (BeQuiet dark pro). What happens is that for no reason, the fan can stop spinning (0 rpm) for a long time, and even if i render and the cpu temp goes over 80o, it does not start spinning!! Instead, the cpu power drops in order not to burn out. Even when i restart, the fan starts working for…10" and then is stops!! I have tried aaaaall kinds of fan controlling software, and they dont have access either to the temp controller of the cpu, or the cpu fan RPMs it self. Speedfan is the only one that reads values, and i noticed that when the fan is not spinning, the emp of the cpu shows 0 !!! At the same time, the RyzenMaster application shows the logical temp of the cpu about 50o. IF the speedfan application shows values higher, as the ones on the Ryzen app, (about 40-50 degrees) then the fan starts spinning normally.
I m trying to find a way to tell the fan to not stop spinning even if the temp reading is =0.
Has anyone got any ideas on that?
Many thanks.

Which motherboard do you have? Asus, Asrock or other?

On the the Asus WRX80, you need to log into the IPMI in order to access the Fan sensors… Yeah… nuts!

You can get the IP in the IPMI section of the BIOS and you need to prefix with https. ie. https://192.168.1.xxx

Default user is: admin and if I recall it was the same for pwd.

In your case, the fans connected to the fan headers on M/B can be controlled by BMC/IPMI. But, if you want to use another method, USB fan controllers may be helpful. Although any USB fan controllers can be used basically, my recommendations are Aquacomputer Quadro/Octo or ElmorLabs EFC Easy Fan Controller, etc.

The answer for your second question is that there exists a T-sensor header on the M/B. Since my build is customly water-cooled, I use T-sensor. The problem is that the information can be handled within IPMI, although HWiNFO64 may read that temperature. So, one cannot use the reading value of T-sensor for other purpose. This is originated from the strong security property of the BMC/IPMI system. One can see many sensor values like temperatures of ASUS WRX80 M/B via monitoring progams, for example HWiNFO64, etc. But those values are not real because HWiNFO use similar methods for reading sensors on the M/B like other M/B’s and failed. For example, to control water pump or fans based on T-sensor, it had better connecting T-sensor to other controller. After that, one can enjoy the cooling system controlled by T-sensor, specifically water temperature. The manual of ASUS Pro WS WRX80e-SAGE WiFi cannot have any information about this, although one can check the existence of T-sensor head on the M/B property page. But the manual of ASUS Pro WS WRX80e-SAGE WiFi II correct this ! See the page 1-2 and 1-21 pages. Here, I attach the T-sensor picture of my system.

The T-sensor 2-pin header is located rightly up on the system panel header.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.