How do you passthrough a filesystem or partition in Qemu?

I finally got the VGA passthrough working on my Windows 7 VM, but now I would like to share either a partition, or a filesystem to the VM (I only have one hard drive, so passing a SATA Controller won't work). I have looked through guides, but honestly have no clue what I am doing. Could any of you guys help me out?

Hello,

I have similar setup.

This is how i export the filesystem in my libvirt vm configuration file:
1) Add this to /etc/libvirt/qemu/what_ever_vm_name_you_got.xml

Make sure this is in between the
<devices> </devices>
directive.

And this is how you mount it on the runnig virtual host:
2) Add this to /etc/fstab make sure you have the folders created

/NAS   /NAS    9p      access=any,rw,trans=virtio,version=9p2000.L   0       0

Don't share filesystem access with Windows!!!!! It negates the whole idea.

Use samba to share files and access them freely across the containers or between host and guests. It's much safer, it works like a charm (the fact that it's on a single local system makes no difference), and it offers much better guarantees for data integrity.

Could you tell me how to set that up, or at least point me in the right direction?

Like any network service lol. You make sure samba is installed on the host, the client and the server, and then you start the samba service on the host, and open permissions for the user account you're using on the guest. Normally, you would be using a network bridge, which means that it's a local share basically, no particular setup required, you'll just see the host on the network in the client, you give credentials, you have shared access.

Well I haven't really had much use for sharing files through Samba, so it's taking me a while to figure this out haha. I haven't installed any graphics drivers yet, but I'm getting pretty sluggish performance in the VM, as well as crackling audio. You see anything wrong here?
qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -m 4096 -cpu host \
-smp 6,sockets=1,cores=6,threads=1 \
-device vfio-pci,host=02:00.0,x-vga=on \
-device vfio-pci,host=02:00.1 \
-vga none \
-device virtio-scsi-pci,id=scsi \
-drive file=/home/clay/windows.img,id=disk,format=raw,if=none -device scsi-hd,drive=disk \
-drive file=/home/clay/virtio.iso,id=virtiocd,if=none -device ide-cd,bus=ide.1,drive=virtiocd \
-usb -usbdevice host:046d:c31c -usbdevice host:2516:0006 \
-soundhw hda \

Edit: Finally got the Samba share working right! Thanks for the suggestion!