How do you mount your SSD(s)

mine is just taped in my laptop, because then enclosure it was in was too large to fit

note: picture taken before tape

1 Like

my Crucial MX100 128GB ssd fits my desktop just fine, but my laptop is a bit strict with its hard drive/ssd support, and the corsair F120 i got for free was a bit too thick, so i just took it out and taped it in, works like a charm

i just use velcro and stick them anywhere there is space in the case.

1 Like

1 Like

SSD's can handle it, HDD's cannot :^)

And only the most high quality tape will do

This ^^^^^ velcro FTW.

1 Like

velcro is pretty good, but in my particular case, there is no good place to put velcro, the surface under the drive area is full of small ribbon cables going to the dvd drive, etc

A lot of new cases have SSD mounting on the back side of the motherboard mounting area where you run your cables, SSDs are thin enough to fit in a really shallow area even on the bottom or top of your DVD. ;)

1 Like

on my desktop (NZXT s340 case) there is a nice little mount right below my 2nd GPU for my SSD

I haven't had an issue on any SSD's yet. Either it was a laptop and it fit fine or it was a newer case with SSD support. The one time I've done it in a case with no SSD slots I was lucky enough to get an SSD that came with an adapter.

1 Like

it was just couple mm too thick, and I had to take it out of its old case, its stupid that there are 2 heights of 2,5" drives

I agree, why they needed to change from 9mm to 7mm is beyond me. Do people really care that much about how thin their laptop is?

1 Like

I blame Apple. Somehow this is their fault.

(I don't actually blame Apple)

1 Like

my laptop only accepts 7mm drives tho

apple is to blame, they use SATA drives as well

Before I grabbed some 3.5 to 2.5 bay adapters, I just used double sided tape to fix it to a standard drive bay in my desktop. My laptop had no problem since it was already set up for a standard 2.5 drive, so it just slid right in.

1 Like