How do I build a website to host multiple sellers?

I’m trying to create a web shop that I would be able to add multiple sellers to, but I have no clue where to start because every time I search something I’m just flooded with all kinds of information about irrelevant crap like Shopify, and Etsy, which doesn’t help.

Any suggestions?

Are you trying to host everything yourself? Right now, your best bet is WordPress plus pluggins, but I would honestly recommend using a vendor to do this so that you don’t have to do all of the PCI Compliance stuff. I have done this for stores in the past and the regulation is very stringent and the solution is very fragile.

1 Like

Any examples of these vendors?

so you want to have named virtual hosts show up for one CMS that can do retail. I am aware of several solutions.

• Magento
  • Sugar
  • Odoo (biased here)
  • OpenCart
  • Many, many, many others

I have worked with these two in the past, but like @lathama mentioned, there are many out there. I would do a YouTube search to get some options of what is out there and how the maintainers felt about the integration into their CMSes.

If you’re looking to add multiple sellers, you might want to consider using a platform that supports a marketplace model. WooCommerce and Magento are two options that come to mind. With Magento, you can even use their multi-vendor extension to allow multiple sellers to have their own shops within your larger marketplace. As for where to start with Magento, I actually found some experts that were really helpful with my magento 2 migration services. They were able to guide me through the process and make sure everything was set up properly. It might be worth looking into if you’re considering using Magento for your web shop.

1 Like

That sounds pretty cool , i would like to go deeper into that as a little side project.
thanks