How best to rule 2.4GHz

Get an ubquiti and turn up the power Thats my 2cents

Yurp, that's exactly what I did. If a mod happens by, go ahead and lock the thread.

1 Like

Lots of foil.

They are not legal at normal transmission EIRP .. you need to be below 50 Db width on your bandwidth also you need to make sure you are keeping the power low and there will be super special restrictions you need to follow as you could broadcast noise into the 2.8435 - 2.50000 ghz range and if you do that you are going to interfere with many licensed ISM band users which would throw you in the big house no matter what. THIS is why they are disabled even though they are encompassed in this area so please for the sake of your life dont do it. because when they guys in suits find you they are never in a good mood.

Look.. In the US, 802.11 operation in the channels 12 and 13 is actually allowed under low powered conditions. The 2.4 GHz P15 band in the US allows spread-spectrum operation (DSSS for b and g devices and OFDM for n devices) as long as the 50 dB bandwidth of the signal is within the range of 2,400–2,483.5 MHz which wholly encompasses both channels 12 and 13. HOWEVER an FCC document clarifies that only channel 14 is forbidden and furthermore low-power transmitters with low-gain antennas may legally operate in channels 12 and 13 without spread spectrum to avoid interference. These are not normal wifi devices. This is why channels 12 and 13 are not normally used in order to avoid any potential interference in the adjacent restricted frequency band, 2,483.5–2,500 MHz, which is subject to strict emission limits set out in 47 CFR Band Part 15 Section 215.

ALL IN ALL

DONT DO IT

AT

ALL

Now to help you a bit. Do a wifi scan for me and tell me the strengths in dBm of your neighboring access points and I can begin to help you

Question why not switch to 5ghz?

Also this is now off topic but gosh isnt that time division kinda cool LOL

1 Like

They aren't (technically) but who's looking for it?