Home theater center channel mounts

Are there any home theater people in here? Got a problem with my grandma’s house. They will return a center channel speaker because the geek squad can’t install it. The issue is it can’t go below because of the fireplace. The tv is mounted above the fireplace. They can’t drill into the rock because they don’t want to deface the rock. I imagined there’s got to be a mounting system that will attach to the tv mounts or a system that will replace the current tv mount?

Well the answer is to get a consultation from an actual home theatre installer, not Geek Squad. We can’t really say what to do without visiting the house.

Losing the centre channel is a bad idea because you will lose out on dialogue which will get drowned out by music and sound effects.

Either the TV needs to move higher, or another place for the TV needs to be found in the house. The only quick fix would be to get a literal stand for the centre channel and put it in front of the fire place, and move it around like a lamp when not needed.

Depending on size and weight, you could maybe make a mount that hangs from the TV-mount.

This

1 Like

I have seen shelves which attach to the TV mount though I don’t know how good they are. But if the seating area isn’t too wide with a lot of people sitting far off axis you don’t really need a center speaker.