Home assistant triggers not working

So I had the great experience of setting up home assistant last night but when I attempt to set up “phone is charging push notifications automation” it states the notification was tested and delivered but no results from my phone. I can share the yamk later. Any ideas?

you might get replies faster on https://community.home-assistant.io/ .

Have you checked on your phone : Settings > Companion App > Notifications > Notification Channels …

You should be able to see how each type of notification looks like there.

1 Like

I don’t use push notifications but I do have experience with Home Assistant. But like Risk said, you may have better luck on the HASSIO forvm.

Funny thing you should say that. After digging a bit deeper this morning, i saw several test notifications that I submitted last night as On bar notifications. So now I just need to set it as a lock screen notifications when events occur from Home Assistant.

1 Like

So now that opens up another question. I have very little experience in port forwarding / making things remotely accessible. I ended up watching a few ways at making home assistant accessible remotely using cloudflare tunneling. Should I look up any other security based setups for that?

To be fair I did go through the “DIY” solution and it worked but my ISP was such a pain that it caused me to have to keep fixing it. So I put my money where my mouth is and I pay for the remote access to HA. this directly supports the project and it is truly a one click solution.

But if you do setup a hole in your firewall for this, I would limit it to only take the requests from known hosts (IE, you phone and laptop).

1 Like

Forget about cloudflare - it’s too complicated.

If you only need to access home assistant from your own devices, e.g. your phone/laptop look at the Tailscale add-on:

You can get the phone/laptop app here: Download · Tailscale

1 Like

Looks pretty :blush: Simple, I’ll check it out when I get time