Helpful LLM use-case

So I know that managing dotfiles in a repo is a thing, but never had set it up for myself. Recently I started a new job and was waiting on my laptop to arrive, so I was using a personal machine in the interim. When the laptop arrived, I had an LLM look at my .zshrc, .local/bin, and a few other files/locations, then write a script for an equivalent setup on MacOS.

Super handy script. Installed packages, utilities, and dev tools, it even migrated alias, git config, shell completions, and Claude Code settings + hooks. Saved me a decent amount of time remembering how to install Ghostty or figuring out where to get htop for MacOS.

Very handy use, and yeah I should have done it myself a long time ago, but this is a decent starting point. I’ll definitely be refining the script going forward. Something to consider never time for anyone setting up a new machine.