Help with VirtualBox networking

Hi all, I'm having a little trouble with my small virtual machine network. Currently, I have 2 VMs, one that is a DHCP server and PXE server, with 2 network adaptors. One adaptor is a bridged adaptor, so it can interact with my physical network, which is just being assigned an address by my router's DHCP server. The other adaptor is connected to a VirtualBox internal network, which is the interface being used by the DHCP server. The other machine is a test VM connected to the same internal network as the DHCP/PXE server, used to test network installations.

My issue is that the test VM doesn't have internet access. While I could just assign it a second adaptor with NAT or bridged, that's no fun, and I learn nothing from that. How can I allow internet access to this machine? Or any others that I might add to the internal network? Am I able to just use the DHCP/PXE server as a sort of router or proxy? I know that would add too much to the server though, which should only have a single dedicated task. Would using something like pfSense work in this regard? To allow access to the internet to the VMs, but not let the DHCP server for the VMs interfere with the physical DHCP server.

Sorry if my explanations or questions are difficult to understand, I'm not great at putting thoughts to words.