Help with using global variables to update parts in an assembly guring a design study

I’m a mechanical engineering student working on my dissertation, and I’m running into an issue with a design study in SolidWorks.

I’m simulating displacement on a part that is part of an assembly. The part’s geometry is defined by equations, and I’d like to step through various versions of the part during the design study.

I’ve successfully achieved this on a part level by feeding data from a CSV file to update the equations for each scenario. However, I can’t seem to get the part to update while in the assembly version of the design study variables.

Does anyone know how I can accomplish this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

EDIT: Help with Using Global Variables to Update Parts in an Assembly During a Design Study - Album on Imgur more of an explination of what I am tyring to do

It almost sounds like it’s not properly rebuilding between iterations. Under Options>Performance do you have it set to rebuild assemblies on load?
It might even be another rebuild option nested somewhere else.

Thanks! I’ve changed that to always now but no luck just yet.

I’ve used a link file to connect the variables in the assembly to the part… could that file be writing over my csv values on the rebuild?

I added a image link of my process to the discription.