Return to Level1Techs.com

Help with sWRX8 KVM build

Hey guys I just watched Wendell’s video here Threadripper Pro: First Look at the ASUS Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI + 32 Core TR Pro 3975WX - YouTube
on the ASUS Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI and this is the board I am using with the 3955WX. He said there were some “gotchas” about the cooling on this platform and I have just found this out the hard way. I have a CORSAIR iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT

(see here) CORSAIR iCUE H150i RGB Pro XT, Liquid CPU Cooler - Newegg.com-35-181-192--Product&quicklink=true

and it seems to be too small for this socket type. Does anyone know if there is a mounting adapter or something that I can use to make this cooler work with this chip and if not, which cooler can I use on this? A custom loop isn’t really an option for me and my case doesn’t accommodate even an AIO very well so it will have to be a good air cooler. Let me know what you guys think. And also he said this board has a serial TTY port and an SD card for a hypervisor boot and would love to hear if anyone has ever done anything with either of those.

SD card can NOT be used to boot from.

“The microSD card slot allows you to install a microSD memory card v2.00 (SDHC) /
v3.00 (SDXC) to log BMC events”